Do You Think......

Lounge By pebblez87 Updated 6 Apr 2009 , 6:44pm by brincess_b

pebblez87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pebblez87 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 5:19pm
post #1 of 2

ok so im 21 no formal cake education but i can do my share still have alot to learn, all i do is sell cakes to friends and family and when i mean sell im basically just tryin to get supply money back not much profit, ive had friends refer their friends but when they see i just make cakes from home and im young and no formal education they raise their nose but yet the day before when they tried my cake they raved about it

i guess my question is has anybody ever disqualified any of you for your age situation or the fact you didnt have formal training?

it almost makes me mad like ok i was good enough yesturday but now you see me and its ehh change my mind i know this happens for other things but goodness its just a cake!!!

1 reply
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 6:44pm
post #2 of 2

no matter what the situation (ive run into this alot in work, im 23, i look younger icon_biggrin.gif ) people generally will discount you for being young, and not having any experience. doesnt matter if you actually have experience coming out your rear, if they get it stuck in their head that you are too young, its an almighty challenge to change their opinion.
my attitude is one of screw them - the right opportunity will come along for me eventually, and in the mean time, they lose out taking on an average joe instead of me!
specifically to cakes, getting set up with some classes and as a legal business (if not already) will lend you some extra 'respectability', if you want. if not, persevere with clients who respect your abilities.
in some ways age and experience is important, in others it isnt.
xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%