My Dough Board Arrived Damaged

Baking By cindy58 Updated 6 Apr 2009 , 7:55pm by cindy58

cindy58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy58 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 1:06pm
post #1 of 8

Has this happened to anyone else? Is Armchair World good about sending replacements? I wanted to use it right away and I'm sure not looking forward to hassles with this.

My dough board arrived on Friday. I took it out of the box and tried to set it up. The wood on one side of the board is improperly cut, so the guide is not inset straight and the board height can't be lined up properly. There's also an open knot in the end piece that screws on where it appears dough and flour would gook up in.

7 replies
toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 2:51pm
post #2 of 8

Mine also arrived thursday or friday but was fine. You should try to get ahold of them asap. When I emailed them because the order took so long to arrive, they did email back right away.

cindy58 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 2:58pm
post #3 of 8

I just tried to phone them but with the time difference they aren't in yet. I left a message. I definitely want it taken care of asap -- it was expensive and I hate the hassle of returning things.

I'll let you know how they handle the problem!

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 4:21pm
post #4 of 8

Stupid question ahead -

What's a dough board?

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 5:45pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMeister

Stupid question ahead -

What's a dough board?

It is a board with adjustable side rails that allow you to roll out a perfectly even thickness of dough or fondant. You can select as thin as 1/8", and I think as thick as 1/2". It's a wonderful product! I purchased mine at Cake 'N Crumbs.

cindy58 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 7:41pm
post #6 of 8

I heard back from them and they will send a replacement. My fingers are crossed that it will come in time for the Easter cookies!

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 7:42pm
post #7 of 8

Boy I hope you told them to rush it. Mine took forever from them

cindy58 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 7:55pm
post #8 of 8

She said she would ship tomorrow. Hope that's true.

When I originally ordered, it was a week before they shipped it, and then several days more to arrive. So I guess hoping to use it before Easter is optimistic.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%