Sheet Cake Recipes

Decorating By brendabaker Updated 6 Apr 2009 , 6:20pm by brendabaker

brendabaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brendabaker Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 3:44am
post #1 of 3

Hello everyone, Why is it so hard to find a decent half sheet cake recipe. When you put in the "search engine box", recipe for sheet cakes it tells you no results for that subject. Is that not the right question to ask and if so, what wording do I use? There's a few recipes that I've gotten, but their either too large for my kitchen aid, or too small for the half sheet pan ! Could someone give me the secret to unlocking a good half sheet cake...........Thanx BUNCHES brendabaker[/b]

2 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 4:28am
post #2 of 3

I may not be understanding what you are looking for but why can't you make 2 or 3 batches of batter .... whatever fits in your mixing bowl .... and pour it in the 12x18 pan? This pan holds 3 cake mixes, or 3 batches of cake batter. Whatever recipe you find, sounds like it the amount of batter you need will be too big for your current mixing bowl anyway, and you'd have to mix it in smaller batches.

brendabaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brendabaker Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 6:20pm
post #3 of 3

Ok indydebi, your exactly right and i should have given it some more thought before the question was posted. So took your advice and halfed the recipe Baboommm there was my half sheet cake, with a little more left over so it ended up being a small dessert for the hubby LOL! Thanx..........brendabaker

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%