Success!! Strawberry Cake!

Decorating By SeriousCakes Updated 22 Apr 2009 , 3:16am by cakes21

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 5:35pm
post #31 of 45

If you want to avoid the artificial flavors totally you can get the citrus oils from Boyajian. They're from the rinds of the fruit, so they're really concentrated and you just need to add a teaspoon or so to each batch to get a good flavor. They also make a natural strawberry flavor.

I use the strawberry flavor and real strawberries in the batter of my strawberry cake, and it's really good.

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 5:48pm
post #32 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious_Cakes

solascakes, I'm a scratch baker too,I was always so hesistant about going this route.

Here's the link to the original recipe:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Strawberry-Cake-from-Scratch/Detail.aspx

I've been using this for strawberry cake for years BUT for a European palate, it will be too sweet as written (trust me). I take out 1/4c of the sugar and add pureed FRESH strawberries (I buy them in the summer when they are cheap and plentiful, puree loads and freeze them in 1/2c quantities and use them all year round for strawberry cakes!). It is perfect with these small changes thumbs_up.gif

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 5:56pm
post #33 of 45

Serious_Cakes and bonjovibabe thanks a lot for the recipes,i will try it and definitely let you guys know.

majormichel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majormichel Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 6:08pm
post #34 of 45

I use the strawberry recipe all the time from allrecipes. Instead of butter I use magarine and it comes out just fine. I love the recipe.

Caralinc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caralinc Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 6:29pm
post #35 of 45

Thanks for sharing your strawberry cake. I will definantly give it try!!

I just recently made a Lemon Cake (with the lemon pudding mix) with Rasberry moose filling (used the rasberry jello mix) Everyone raved about this cake. It was so light and refreshing.

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 6:51pm
post #36 of 45

Serious_Cakes, I love your videos!

majormichel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majormichel Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 8:15pm
post #37 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caralinc

Thanks for sharing your strawberry cake. I will definantly give it try!!

I just recently made a Lemon Cake (with the lemon pudding mix) with Rasberry moose filling (used the rasberry jello mix) Everyone raved about this cake. It was so light and refreshing.

Caralinc want to share the raspberry moose filing recipe.

Cables4fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cables4fun Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 8:27pm
post #38 of 45

Caralinc,

PLEASE share your Lemon Cake & Raspberry Mousse Filling recipe!! It sounds Great!!

Thank you!

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 10:21pm
post #39 of 45

Has anyone ever tried flavored Kool-ade for a flavoring? Just curious!

Tee-Y Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tee-Y Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 10:36pm
post #40 of 45

Jello! Hmmm!!!Sounds like a winner! I'm surely going to try it icon_biggrin.gif !

cakes21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes21 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 2:57am
post #41 of 45

Ok so let me see if I get this right. I can add a box of jello to any cake mix I want witout adding any extra ingredients?

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 6:23am
post #42 of 45

I just made this and it's...

wait for it...

Amazing! I really loved the flavour. I made it with Strawberry Jello added to my white cake recipe and it was awesome! Thanks Serious-Cakes! I now have a "go to" strawberry cake recipe icon_biggrin.gif

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 6:28am
post #43 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious_Cakes

I'm glad you liked it! I went through the jello's I have on hand, one of them is tropical punch, gonna try that along with watermelon this weekend icon_biggrin.gif

you know what would be faboo? do the watermelon jello flavor in a rainbow cake

Think I'll do that for my nephew's b-day cake next month. He'll be 15 but will think it's awesome

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 6:33am
post #44 of 45

I've been making strawberry cake based on Serious_Cake's yellow cake recipe. What I did was let frozen strawberries come to room temp with sugar sprinkled on top so that they release a ton of juice, then smoosh those up real well. I used about 1 1/4 cups of this mixture plus the remaining half cup milk in place of all the milk, plus about a teaspoon of strawberry flavor, and that has been really tasty. The jello idea sounds so quick though, my way is such a process, I guess I'll be trying the jello icon_smile.gif thanks for the cool idea!

cakes21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes21 Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 3:16am
post #45 of 45

Ok so I added the jell-o to my cake mix to make cupcakes. The centers didn't raise all the way. Should I have added something else?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%