Roller Skating Party-Rkt Or Cookies

Decorating By cakes4ck Updated 6 Apr 2009 , 6:38pm by cakes4ck

cakes4ck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes4ck Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 8:01pm
post #1 of 8

Ok, through other forums and lots of research on here I found some cakes I like for my dd birthday. Problem, I can't decide!
I asked her to look through pics with me and she did, but she keeps changing her mind. She will be 5 and we are partying next weekend. I finally decided to do a rkt or rice krispies on a stick because the roller rink won't allow cake and I dont' want to do a second party.
Here are some pics I found...thoughts?
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_416373.html
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1310179.html
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1161904.html

Any other ideas?
This needs to be edible. I really like the stacked cake with dots and stripes as I have been waiting for something to do one of these. But, don't really want to cover rkt with fondant as it will be a mess getting it off. Want something simple to eat. So, I thought about making the "cake" out of styrofoam and scrapbooking supplies so it still looks like a cake. I really hate all these decisions. Wish she would just tell me exactly what she wants so I wouldn't have to decide what to do to make it special for her.

7 replies
cakes4ck Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 8:23pm
post #2 of 8

One other thing, I had thought of doing a rkt cookie, but I could only find the cookie cutter online and it was going to cost me almost $20 for the cutter and shipping. Not practical for one birthday.
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1187429.html

Here is a link to where they did rkt on a stick. They are rather expensive imo. I can make it similar for much less.
http://www.ediblegiftsplus.com/Rice_Krispie_Treats_Star_Lollipop_p/hdkstar.htm

My problem is I think things through too much. Any help is greatly appreciated.

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 8:46pm
post #3 of 8

i love the cake slices and seem like a fun thing to do (plus you could use them for a goodie bag treat) and if you still wanted you could make a small 8" with jumbo cupcake for a cake if you wanted to do that other cake too. i know it seems like a lot but it's for your daughter right? 5 is a kinda big deal-well, i like going large for my kids (check out the indiana jones-labour of love lol) plus rkt are pretty inexpensive and quick- you'd just need a couple of round cake pans, stack cut and decorate (plus something you can do ahead of time too) good luck-i always go through dozens of ideas for the kids hehe (just too much inspiration here i can't choose)

myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 8:59pm
post #4 of 8

I am confused but I will try to help.

Are you going to make a cake or do you want to make a cake out of rkt OR are you just going to do favors for her party.

If you want her to have a cake, you could make a small cake for just family to enjoy and allow you to sing happy birthdat to her.

If favors, you can make a batch of rice krispies and cut out shapes with a cookie cutter or make decorated cookies and have fondant or royal cutouts on them related to the party.

cakes4ck Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 9:40pm
post #5 of 8

I am making a cake out of rkt. Sorry for the confusion.
As for the work, I don't mind it. I am always up for a challenge. The problem is transporting it and having it at the rink. Want to keep down on the mess there. If this was being held at my house, I would and could be a lot more creative. But, I will be taking it there.
My dd really likes the rkt cake slices too. She was just at the computer again with me and said she wants those. But, she wants a #5, stars, and skate too like were on the stacked cake.
She really likes singing and all so another thought crossed my mind. Why not incorporate a "rock n roll" theme into it? She is specific as to the colors she wants are pink, purple, blue, and silver. We also put stars in these colors on the skating invite I made. So, now throw in some music notes and a guitar and I have it. I could use the rkt cake pieces for goodies and use them as satellite cakes. Maybe just a round with all the other things on it for blowing out candles. What do you think?

myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 3:20am
post #6 of 8

I think thats a great idea. Have fun doing it, I'm sure your DD will love it.

RandomCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RandomCakes Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 4:18pm
post #7 of 8

You could make the RKT on a stick, in a round shape, use MMF to make them look like Skate Wheels, then add stars and music notes on top.

HTH

cakes4ck Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 6:38pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks for the responses! I have an idea now of what I want. For me, I have to know what I am doing before I start or it is disaster. Problem I can't draw at all. So, I pick and choose elements from other cakes to give me inspiration and ideas. going to attempt this new adventure this week. Will post pictures when finished.
Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%