Seriously, I Need To Fire Myself!!

Decorating By bakery_chick Updated 3 Apr 2009 , 12:24pm by bakery_chick

bakery_chick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakery_chick Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 2:18am
post #1 of 8

I have been such a SLACKER these past few days. It is a good thing I work for myself otherwise I would be fired.
I think I need a vacation...

7 replies
CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 2:34am
post #2 of 8

I bet you just have a good old fashioned case of Spring Fever.... don't want to work, can't concentrate, daydreaming?? yep, that's it allright...
That will be $500.00, please.... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 2:43am
post #3 of 8

OMG, me too! I think it's something in the air. I have three different 3D cakes due at 130 on Saturday, and I haven't even baked all of the cakes yet. I have a fireman's helmet baked and crumbcoated, then most of my megaphone baked, in the freezer so I can carve it better. Then I am just now baking the first layer of my firetruck cake. What am I...crazy? At least I am a bit of an insomniac, so I can stay up late and finish them tomorrow nighticon_smile.gif
Good luck with yours!!

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 2:44am
post #4 of 8

LOLOL to both of you!

kiddocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiddocakes Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 3:01am
post #5 of 8

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one! I've been this way for about a month also! I just want to escape it all but have cakes booked since months ago so I can't icon_cry.gif Hopefully we'll all be back to normal sooN!!! thumbs_up.gif

jewelykaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewelykaye Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 5:09am
post #6 of 8

Lol...I never thought of it that way...firing myself. But yes... I definitely would have fired myself.

I have three cakes that needed to be iced by today and that didn't happen. Why, you ask? Because I didn't want to! I wanted to go visit a friend. So I skipped work, told myself I didn't NEED to do it today because I deserve the break when I haven't been working that hard anyway this week.... wow...

Oh well, thank goodness I'm my own boss!

Meagazz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meagazz Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 5:21am
post #7 of 8

... And this is the exact reason why I hope to be a good enough decorator one day and to own my own business!! Tehehe!! icon_smile.gif

bakery_chick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakery_chick Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 12:24pm
post #8 of 8

OMG THANK YOU ALL!!!
I really, really needed to hear that I was not the only one being lazy.
You just made me smile.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%