Recipe Programs? Anyone Know Of Any Good Ones?

Decorating By lauramw71 Updated 3 Apr 2009 , 12:02pm by lizamlin

lauramw71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauramw71 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 12:12am
post #1 of 4

So I have a bazillion recipes all over the house.. drawers, folders, you name it there's a recipe there. LOL Does anyone know how to create one on the pc? Or what program would be best for it? Something where it can be put into categories and then a search. I'm learning Access now.. trying to think how I can create a program on that. Anyone have any ideas? I've tried searching online and just find ones you buy and right now we're saving every penny for a vehicle so that's out of the question. Any scoop would be great!!!

3 replies
mommapaul3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommapaul3 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 3:08am
post #2 of 4

For a long time I just typed out my recipes in Microsoft Word, but found it was harder to organize them that way since it was pretty much just a list of recipes - plus I never used it. I looked all over for some kind of software I could use for free but never found anything worthwhile.

I finally broke down and bought Big Oven - which I love. I think it lists the price at $30, but if you download the 30 day trial, it gives you a cheaper price to buy from the trial version, plus I did a google search for a coupon code and ended up paying about $22.

I know you said paying was out of the question, so for now I would just use a word processing program and save up to pay for a decent program. Sorry I'm not more help.

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 11:53am
post #3 of 4

I just googled free recipe software and there are several out there. I took a look at RecipeCenter 5.0 and it looks like it would be OK. I did not download it, but am thinking about it. HTH

lizamlin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizamlin Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 12:02pm
post #4 of 4

!! Living Cookbook !!
Awesome - my fav feature is if find a recipe online, just copy, go to Living Cookbook and it has a 'paste it in' maneuver -- meaning you do not re-type it!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%