Brownie Cake

Decorating By Shaa Updated 2 Apr 2009 , 3:38pm by Brownie1954

Shaa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shaa Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 3:21pm
post #1 of 4

Has anyone ever made a brownie cake? I'm doing the grooms cake for my sister's weddding and she wants it to be a brownie cake. I'm doing sheet brownies stacked on top of each other. But her fiance owns Homestead Financial and she wants the granny cut out no problem yet..... But brownies seem to flake any ideas on how to keep that from happening?

3 replies
cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 3:30pm
post #2 of 4

how about carving the brownie frozen? That should reduce the flakes and make it easier to cut.

Brownie1954 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brownie1954 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 3:30pm
post #3 of 4

I have never done one before....Are you going to ice the brownie cake? If so, perhaps put a thin crumb-coating on it like you would do a regular cake. Once it sets, then ice away and decorate! icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif

Brownie1954 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brownie1954 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 3:38pm
post #4 of 4

Whoops...Guess I need to learn how to read better! icon_redface.gif I missed seeing the part about cutting it out first. Sounds like freezing it first, then carving would be a good choice as suggested. How about cutting it out, then if you are going to ice it. use a pastry brush to gently get the crumbs off, crumb-coat, then ice? icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%