Wedding Cookie Favors

Baking By shellycakes123 Updated 6 Apr 2009 , 7:17pm by cylstrial

shellycakes123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellycakes123 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 1:38pm
post #1 of 7

Im goign to make cake shaped wedding cookies...

Can I freeze them if i make them with Royal icing? Im new to this, I was going to make the cookies and ice them, pipe the thicker icing around the edge, then fill in...

Any suggestions...do i do the detail work with the royal icing also...

If i use luster dust does that just get brushed on...sorry,,newbie here

6 replies
BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 7:27am
post #2 of 7

Yes, you can freeze your cookies after you have decorated with RI. I do it all the time and have never had any problems. When freezing your cookies, use an airtight container and put layers of freezer paper between your cookies.

When defrosting your cookies, there are two ways to do it. Each way seem to work for the person involved.

1) Leave the cookies in the container until defrosted.
2) Take cookies out and place them on a wire rack until defrosted.

The detail work can be done in RI or you could use fondant accents.

When I use lustre dust, I mix it with clear alcohol and then paint it on the parts that need it.

Hope this is helpful.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 12:38pm
post #3 of 7

So do you paint the luster dust on before or after you freeze the cookies? Thanks!

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 6:35am
post #4 of 7

I have painted them on and then frozen the cookies. Never had any problems when defrosting.

cakelass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelass Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 7:00am
post #5 of 7

I make and fully decorate my cookies also and then freeze. I have also never had any problem.

sweetopia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetopia Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 12:23pm
post #6 of 7

I paint mine after the royal icing has dried, with a mixture of luster dust and (raspberry) vodka... I like to use the paintbrushes made with real hair... they tend to streak less.

I don't usually freeze mine if they've been decorated though. Great to hear all the freezing tips!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 7:17pm
post #7 of 7

So you can pretty much paint the luster dust on before or after you freeze them. Good to know! Thanks everyone!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%