Industrial Appliances...

Business By NewToTheBizz Updated 5 Apr 2009 , 9:09pm by solascakes

NewToTheBizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewToTheBizz Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 11:01am
post #1 of 5

Can anyone please tell me where online I can go to find new/used industrial kitchen appliances? I'm going to google it, but wanted to check on here also to see where others may have gotten a good deal. Thanks!

4 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 11:41am
post #2 of 5

For this you should check your local yellow pages for used restaurant equipment dealers. Shipping appliances would cost you $$$. Any town that has restaurants has an equipment dealer.

Bethkay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bethkay Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 12:05pm
post #3 of 5

Leahs is right, the cost to ship large equipment is horrendous! Another option is to watch for restaurant equipment auctions in your area. Unfortunately, in our economic climate, a lot of restaurants and bakeries are closing up shop. Their loss can be your gain! icon_smile.gif

There is usually a way to get yourself on mailing lists for notification of auctions in your area. Google around for that info. Between used equipment dealers and auctions, you should be able to save yourself a bundle, and not have to pay shipping.

Good luck!

classiccake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
classiccake Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 8:54pm
post #4 of 5

Auctions are a great way to go....things sell very reasonably. The cost is incurred with moving it!

I bought all my things when I first started up through auctions, and a reliable company that repaired commercial equipment, then sold used equipment on the side.

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 9:09pm
post #5 of 5

You might be able to check on ebay as well

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%