Please!! Help With Best Man Speech??!

Lounge By cupcakeco Updated 3 Apr 2009 , 12:58am by mkolmar

cupcakeco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeco Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 3:55am
post #1 of 5

Ok, Boyfriend and I have written this for his best man's speech. We're both completely clueless... he doesn't have anything in particular to say so we tried to work around that. Please give me your opinion?! What would you change/why? Does it sound okay? Also it reads at 2 minutes total.

THank you so much.. icon_cry.gif

Good Evening ladies and gentlemen, family and friends:

Before I begin, Id like to start by thanking Andrew and Katie, and the Walker family and the DeNicola family for hosting tonights event. Id also like to thank all of our guests for attending and making today even more special.

As Andrews cousin, you should know that he and I spent a good deal of time together growing up. Myself being younger, there were always things that he could do which I always strived to emulate, which is why if my words tonight arent as funny as I intended, you can all thank Andrew.

And also as Andrews cousin, I was honored to be asked to be his Best Man. So when I set out to write my speech for you tonight, I tried to recall times when maybe we caused a little mischief; something devious that we mightve done to make you laugh. But I realized that there were no such times. Andrew and I never really got into any trouble. In fact, some of the fondest memories I have of my childhood are of spending time with Andrew playing Ghost Busters. Standing here today, it still seems like only yesterday that Andrew and I would play with our GI JOE action figures.

Well, actually, for me it WAS only yesterday. But I cant speak for Andrew

But in all sincerity, I would like to congratulate you, Katie and Andrew. I think I speak for everyone here when I say that I couldnt be happier for you or more proud to stand for you on your wedding day. Katie: If I know my cousin, hell be everything you ever wanted in a husband. Hes truly a great guy. And Andrew: you couldnt have chosen a more beautiful bride.

Now if I could, Id like everyone here to join me in a toastto Katie and Andrew, heres wishing you nothing but the best and all the love in the world. Salud!

4 replies
mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 5

That sounds wonderful and all, please don't take this the wrong way, but why are you 2 writing the best man's speech. That's his job. It's suppose to be almost like a surprise about what he's going to say.

cookingfor5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookingfor5 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 6:45pm
post #3 of 5

I think that is a wonderful speech. On our wedding day, our Best Man was a little nervous about what to say. He was a man of few words. He walked over to the DJ and asked him for advice. Since he had seen a speech or two. Luckily for us, he was a professional and simply told our friend to include a few things. First, thank everyone for coming. Second, Say how beautiful the Bride looks. Third, Congratulate the couple. Last, if you want to make a joke, keep it tasteful and light hearted. I think you included everything in there. Tell him he did a great job.

I have heard some interesting speeches in my life that I will never forget, all for the wrong reasons. But, this is a nice speech that the Bride and Groom will remember fondly. Good Luck!

cupcakeco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeco Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 9:07pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you so much for your replies. The reason we both are working on it is because my boyfriend, too, is a man of few words. He needed help and I agreed to help him.

In any instance, since I can't really share it with family and nor can he (for obvious reasons), it's nice to have your feedback. It definitely makes me (and him! icon_smile.gif ) more comfortable about it..

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 12:58am
post #5 of 5

Oh ok, that makes sense. The best man at our wedding could have used it wrote out for him too. He was so nervous he was about to pass out.
It really is a lovely speech. When are you getting married? I hope all your planning is going well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%