Monogram On Top Of Cake?

Decorating By sgauta Updated 1 Apr 2009 , 10:49pm by Dessert_Diva

sgauta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgauta Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 10:32pm
post #1 of 3

Hi All!

A friend wants a cake with a big letter 'K' on top (the cake will be done in fondant). I've of course seen beautiful cakes with monograms on top but I've never done one myself. Any suggestions on how to make one? Can I just cut it out of fondant/gum paste and let it harden, then attach? Or is there somewhere I can buy/order one? I'd appreciate any tips/advice from any monogram veterans. icon_biggrin.gif


2 replies
pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 10:43pm
post #2 of 3

I actually use stencils that you buy in craft stores for initials or monograms since my handwriting is terrible. Then I either paint on the fondant or fill in with BC or RI. If I need a custom size stencil, I have it custom made online. They are pretty cheap, usually about $10

Dessert_Diva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dessert_Diva Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 10:49pm
post #3 of 3

Doe your friend want it free-standing or flat on top? If it's free-standing you could make it out of candy clay or chocolate....

Quote by @%username% on %date%