Color Flow

Decorating By KristenL Updated 1 Apr 2009 , 9:00pm by SweetMelissa2007

KristenL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristenL Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 11:00am
post #1 of 4

Hello! I'm making a Star Wars cake for my son for this Saturday. The Darth Vader is going to be made using Color Flow. I've NEVER used this before. I read the directions last night and found out that I need to let the color flow image dry for 2-3 days. I'm not planning on starting this until after work today. I'm nervous that it won't be dry to put on the cake for Saturday. Can I just "pipe" the color flow image onto the cake Friday or is it better to make it on the parchment first and let it dry? I'm just nervous about time right now.
UUGGHH!!!!
Thanks!
~Kristen
icon_cry.gif

3 replies
springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 12:59pm
post #2 of 4

They do take an awful long time to dry. I would say that hopefully it would be dry by saturday. It sort of depends on how "thick" you pipe in the icing. I am not sure it would work to pipe color flow right onto the cake. I know some people use some kind of glaze that can be piped right on (I don't know the recipe). OR you could do a chocolate transfer instead and it will be hardened within a few minutes!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 8:18pm
post #3 of 4

This is a duplicate post.

SweetMelissa2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetMelissa2007 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 9:00pm
post #4 of 4

You can use royal icing the same way as color flow just keep adding water until it "flows together" like color flow does and you can do it right on the cake. Color flow can get very brittle when transfering from parchment to cake so I always do at least 2 of whatever I'm making to allow for breakage! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%