What Is Your Fav Pork Chop Recipie?

Lounge By Missyleigh Updated 16 Jan 2007 , 3:03am by SwampWitch

Missyleigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Missyleigh Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 5:58pm
post #1 of 8

I need a good way to cook pork chops.. I'm burn't out on the same old methods.. any suggestions?
icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 6:05pm
post #2 of 8

You know I haven't cooked pork chops in years and the reason why is because they always seem tough and tasteless to me. I remember growing up my mother would coat them with plain flour, salt and peper, or even Dixie Fry and just pan fry them. They were delicious and tender. But I think because they grow the animal to be leaner these days (the other white meat) that they just aren't as flavorful and they aren't aged, so they aren't as tender either.

Missyleigh Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 6:13pm
post #3 of 8

yeah I cook them in the crock pot some times and that helps with the tenderness. We are fourtunate enough to have our own meat butchered so I always have an excess of beef, pork and venison in my freezer which is why I get so burned out on the same recipies.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 6:19pm
post #4 of 8

My absolute, hands down, favorite pork chop recipe requires brining them for 2 days!! They're even better after 3 days!

Brine
3 large garlic cloves
1 quart water
5 tablespoons coarse salt
2-1/2 tablespoons black peppercorns
2-1/2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 tablespoon dried thyme, crumbled
1/2 teaspoon whole allspice
1/2 bay leaf

4 1-1/2 inch thick rib pork chops

Spice Rub
2-1/2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
4 teaspoons ground cumin
pinch cayenne

Make brine: Lightly mash garlic. Bing water to a boil with garlic and remaining brine ingredients and simmer 15 minutes. Cool completely.

Add pork chops and brine to resealable plastic bags, pressing out excess air. Marinate in bags in a large bowl, in the frig, turning once, for 2 days.

Whisk together spice rub ingredients.

Prepare grill.

Remove chops from brine, discarding any spices still adhering to chops and pat dry. Pat spice rub into chops.

Grill chops on an oiled rack about 10-12 minutes per side until 155 degrees. (Alternatively, arrange chops in lightly oiled, shallow baking pan. Roast chops at 450 degrees about 20 minutes.

Missyleigh Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 6:27pm
post #5 of 8

thanks that actually sound really good.

sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 7:54pm
post #6 of 8

When I make mine I use the boneless pork chops. I have issues with bones in the meat. Anyways what I do is after I've cut off all of the fat and yucky stuff I'll sprinkle some of that dry Italian dressing on it. You know the little packets of salad dressing mix. Don't use too much because it can over power it. Then I will either cook them on our grill (which IMO makes them taste better) or I'll sear them on the stove and finish them off in the oven. They are never dry. Really yummy with some stuffing along with it. If you wanted to do this with a breaded coating you could mix the italian dressing mix in with some bread crumbs and then put them in the oven. Sorry I can't tell you how long to cook them, because I've done it so much I just know when they are done. HTH.

Missyleigh Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 8:15pm
post #7 of 8

good idea thanks

SwampWitch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SwampWitch Posted 16 Jan 2007 , 3:03am
post #8 of 8

My husband and daughter REALLY love this recipe. It's the only way my daughter will eat pork chops. Trim the fat, if needed, and don't overcook because that dries them out. If you can get the chops with part tenderloin, even better.

Oven-Fried Pork Chops

pork chops, four
wheat flour, 2 T.
cornmeal, 2 T.
paprika, 1/2 teas.
salt, 1/2 teas

Rinse pork under cool water and soak in milk for a few minutes. Add ingredients into a food-safe plastic bag, toss pork chops one at a time to coat. Place on cookie sheet and bake at 425 Farenheit for about 25 minutes. Serve immediately (with apple sauce!).

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%