Wilton Fondant Ribbon Cutter/embosser

Decorating By immyK Updated 31 Mar 2009 , 11:31pm by tracycakes

immyK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
immyK Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 9:42pm
post #1 of 2

Hi there, I'm a fairly new, self-taught cake decorator. I just bought the Wilton fondant and gum paste student kit.

I have a question about the ribbon cutter/embosser. I know which pieces are the cutters (straight and wavy). I know which pieces are the embossers (have dips in them) I get the purpose of the spacers (with measurements on them). What are the rubber pieces with 2 lines on them used for?

Thanks for the help thumbs_up.gif

1 reply
tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 11:31pm
post #2 of 2

The spacers are used to create the width of what you are cutting. For example, if you want a 1/2" straight ribbon, it you put the 1/2" spacer between the 2 straight cutters, you will get a 1/2" ribbon. You can also combine the spacers to get a larger ribbon. The rubber ones are also embossers, I believe. HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%