I Have A Question About Sugarshack's Bc Shelf Life

Decorating By TrinaH Updated 4 Apr 2009 , 2:15am by grannys3angels

TrinaH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TrinaH Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 7:15am
post #1 of 4

I apologize profusely in advance... I know this has been asked a billion times! I thought I had one of the threads saved in my watched topics but, alas, I do not. I would do a SEARCH for the answer, but I cannot get ANY forum searches to work on this site anymore! I get gallery results and recipe results... but no forum results. No matter what I search for (sorry, mini rant... it's my only pet peeve about this site!) I swear I went through at least 10 pages in 2 different forums here to find the answer myself, but no luck!

Anyways, on to the real question at hand. What is the shelf life at room temp for Sugarshack's buttercream recipe? I found my "lost" batch tonight... and while I know it's erm, over ripe?, I'm curious how long it typically would last (in an airtight container, of course)

3 replies
sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 10:07pm
post #2 of 4

in tupperware at cool room temp, prob 3 weeks. ( maybe even more but never tried it longer)

TrinaH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TrinaH Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 1:35am
post #3 of 4

Thanks!

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 2:15am
post #4 of 4

I wanted to share this info, on Feb. 21 I made some of Sharon's BC icing for a cake. I had a good size bowl of it left, so I put it in a rubbermaid bowl, put press-n-seal over the top and then put the lid on it. I then place it in the freezer.

March 20, I took it out, let it thaw and then used some of it for my DGD's birthday cake. I put some new press-n-seal over it, place the lid back on and into the refrigerator this time, and it has been there ever since. I just made sure it was air tight. Yesterday (April 2 ) got a sweet tooth, took a teaspoon and scoop out a spoon full of the icing....it still taste as good now as it did the day I made it thumbs_up.gif Think I might make some cc's this weekend.

That is just one of the reason I love this icing! icon_biggrin.gif Thanks Sharon for sharing your recipe!

God Bless,
Sharon

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%