Balloons & Confetti? :o)

Lounge By kellertur Updated 2 Apr 2009 , 5:34am by KellBell22

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 4:14am
post #1 of 17

icon_biggrin.gif This is my 1,000th post!!! icon_biggrin.gif
(I'm expecting balloons and confetti any second now).

You know on those shows when someone walks through the door and they are the bazillionth customer and a TV crew jumps out and accosts them with gameshow theme music? Maybe dressed as a giant squirrel or something? icon_lol.gif

16 replies
mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 5:27am
post #2 of 17

I'll have a drink in your honor....oh wait, I was doing that anyways. Oh well, now I have a reason. TO KRISTI! OH YEAH!

Ok, I didn't really have a drink, but I'll pretend since your my cake sister in crime.

kellertur Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 5:34am
post #3 of 17

Melissa, I've always wanted to hit someone in the face with a cream pie. That should be my prize. But alas, I'm vegan... no cream pies for me. icon_cry.gif

Or maybe we could start a new TV show where we go around "caking" people's houses (instead of eggs). Everyone loves cake, right? icon_lol.gificon_rolleyes.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 3:25pm
post #4 of 17

Yes, but we'd have to make sure it's a pure shortening recipe so that way it's a pain in the butt to clean off. They might know cake decorators caked their houses though when they see shell borders around their windows and instead of flaming dog poo their would be fondant people on fire instead. Their porch would be luster dusted.....all fingers would point to a cake decorator. icon_lol.gif

bigsisof3kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigsisof3kids Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 3:27pm
post #5 of 17

I can see it now... CC members across America *sneaking* around their neighborhoods and "caking" random houses. LOL. We could start something! icon_biggrin.gif

Congrats on so many posts!!! Maybe in a few years I'll reach that number.

Image (I looked for some confetti to throw you, but couldn't find any. I'm really bad at this, lol)

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 11:46pm
post #6 of 17

ImageWell I couldn't find confetti but I thought money was just as good!

Congratulations! icon_biggrin.gif

kellertur Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 2:11am
post #7 of 17

I love that little guy holding the balloons ~ thanks. icon_smile.gif

Melissa~ you SO *get* me (and that's not easy to do). I've already been fantasizing about shell bordering my neighbor's garage, but I really don't want to spend the night crumb coating a jail cell. icon_razz.gif
I looked next door at that mess and wanted to cover the entire house with fondant and start over... but who has the cash? icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

Next time they decide to switch on their stadium lighting facing my daughter's bedroom at midnight and performing their rendition of HEE HAW, I'll consider it. icon_rolleyes.gif

Deb~ is it chocolate money? icon_smile.gif

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 4:12am
post #8 of 17

This is the closest I could get to balloons and confetti! Congrats!
LL

KellBell22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellBell22 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 5:05am
post #9 of 17

::puts on giant squirrel costume:: CONGRATULATIONS!!!

(and sadly I really do have access to a giant squirrel costume. icon_wink.gif )

kellertur Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 5:13am
post #10 of 17

Kellbel22~ that is hilarious!!! When we were in Scotland there was this really funny TV show where a giant squirel would show up out of the blue (would use the phone boxes, etc.)
There was one skit/show where a waiter went up to random people in the park with a pepper grinder asking: "Fresh ground pepper?" icon_lol.gif
I love absurd humor like that!!!

Not to mention "Spud you look a-like"... but no one ever knows what I'm talking about, so maybe it was a dream. LOVE British humor. icon_smile.gif

Deb_ Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 12:12pm
post #11 of 17

Hey Kristi,

My niece lives in Stirling Scotland. She married a "Scot" about 6 or 7 yrs ago and they have a little girl.

What's your connection to Stirling? Jen went to college there many years ago and fell in love with the country and her hubby. Although it took til she was 30 to admit that she wanted to marry him and move there.

Can't wait to go visit them someday. She's the Vegan that I was asking for recipes for, so I can have them to dinner when they visit.

Deb

kellertur Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 5:19pm
post #12 of 17

She's the vegan? Hmmm, I wonder if we crossed paths while there? icon_rolleyes.gif

We were there a few years ago, and instantly fell in love with Stirling most of all. We decided then that one day that is where we will settle. At the time (during Foot & Mouth crisis - poor animals), it was near impossible to obtain a permanent work visa, so we decided to wait.
We even know the neighborhood we hope to live in. I send postcards to one of the B&B's from time to time... they went out of their way for us (bought soy milk for our cereal, you name it...) I've never experienced in all my life that type of generosity or hospitality. People who actually WANT to talk (and listen) to other people... it was refreshing. icon_smile.gif

One of my professors at Art school sent me postcards when she was on sabattacal, and I just had to see it for myself. It was worth the wait with the nicest people I've ever met. icon_smile.gif

Seriously though ~ I think of Stirling EVERY day and sometimes it makes me cry... I've never felt like any place was "home" the way I felt there.
So, we're working on it... hopefully when the kiddo's 8 or 10 we'll make the BIG move. Husband's a HUGE "James Joyce" fan, so it's off to Ireland next...

Deb_ Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 6:58pm
post #13 of 17

Wow, now I really want to go see her icon_biggrin.gif The funny thing about Jen is, she swore she'd never move to Europe because of all her family being in the States. Now, I doubt she'll ever move back here, she just loves it and her in-laws are wonderful to her.

She was a Vegan in her teen years and then stopped for a while but after moving to Scotland she has again gone back to eating only a Vegan diet as does her husband and child. I think the meat scare was the last straw for her.

You would just love her, if you ever go back please let me know and I'll hook you guys up with e-mail addresses and such. She's in her mid 30's also and she's a Social Worker. She has a great sense of humor as does her husband (at least I think he does, I can't understand a darn thing he says with that Scottish accent icon_confused.gif ). Their little girl is almost 2 so she'd be a great playmate for your daughter.

Deb icon_smile.gif

Hey, I just noticed my little money throwing emoticon is gone in my previous post icon_confused.gif That's weird, I wonder what happened to it!

kellertur Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 10:47pm
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Hey, I just noticed my little money throwing emoticon is gone in my previous post icon_confused.gif That's weird, I wonder what happened to it!

party.gif I spent it all in one place... Do you have more? party.gif

Deb_ Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 11:49pm
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

party.gif I spent it all in one place... Do you have more? party.gif

Oh OK.........I hope you bought yourself something perty! icon_biggrin.gif

kellertur Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 2:58am
post #16 of 17

icon_cool.gif ... I used it to buy an Elvis Jump suit. icon_cool.gif

KellBell22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellBell22 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 5:34am
post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2cakes

icon_cool.gif ... I used it to buy an Elvis Jump suit. icon_cool.gif