Carving A Castle Cake...is It Possible?

Business By mamanof3 Updated 31 Mar 2009 , 2:16pm by mamanof3

mamanof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamanof3 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 1:17am
post #1 of 8

Just wondering if it's possible to carve a castle cake. Has anyone done this? If so any tips? Or should I be thinking of making the towers/turrets seperately?

7 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 1:39am
post #2 of 8

I can't see trying to carve a standing 3D castle out of a single cake, but I've done an all edible one. You can see it in the link below. I explain it pretty well in the caption.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=29434

HTH
Rae

tcakes65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcakes65 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 12:48pm
post #3 of 8

I make my towers out of rice krispy treats and cover them in fondant. It's so much easier than trying to carve them out of cake.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 12:56pm
post #4 of 8

You may get more responses if you have this moved to the cake decorating forum. icon_smile.gif

cosmogurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cosmogurl Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 1:10pm
post #5 of 8

I made my towers by filling cake ice cream cones with batter. I used two for each tower one was inverted. Than I iced them.
laurie
Forgot to add besides some pictures of princesses I put on the cake the whole cake was edible. There is a photo in my profile

Carlymoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carlymoon Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 1:23pm
post #6 of 8

I did a castle recently but chose not to go 3D for the sake of transporting it safely. However when I was getting Ideas for it the best bet I saw was the wilton castle cake set. It came with the turrets ect. so you would have to carve them. I think they have you cover them with fondant and attach with dowels. I'm pretty sure there are instructions on wilton.com and user review if that helps.

eilidh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eilidh Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 1:32pm
post #7 of 8

If you look in my pics I did a castle from as square cake as the main bit and then the four outside towers were made by stacking rounds of cut cake sandwiched with jam. I then buttercreamed the towers and then warpped in fondant separate from the cake. The top tower though is a hollow tube of gum paste just because the outside towers were enough cake for the party and left the square for the family to eat. If I can help you at all with it please pm me, I'm no expert but happy to help where I can!

mamanof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamanof3 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 2:16pm
post #8 of 8

Oops didn't realize where I had posted...how do i move the thread?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%