How Would This Look With Chocolate Buttercream?

Decorating By lisa5573 Updated 24 Apr 2009 , 3:37pm by BeeBoos-8599_

lisa5573 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisa5573 Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 11:02pm
post #1 of 24

Hi Everyone! I have a friend who wants me to make her wedding cake. She said she wanted it just like the picture, but now she said she wants chocolate icing. I told her it would be brown, like chocolate, but she said that's fine. Do you think I should advise her against it and keep it white?
Thanks for your advice! I'm not sure where she got the picture, but thanks to whoever make it. I think it's beautiful!
Lisa
LL

23 replies
KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 11:23pm
post #2 of 24

I think it would be lovely in choc. I love the brown/pink combo. But if it's just the chocolate she wants not neccesarily the color you could always make white choc buttercream. Just a thought...

K'ly

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 11:27pm
post #3 of 24

It would be lovely!

nefcook21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefcook21 Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 11:29pm
post #4 of 24

I think it would be beautiful. I, too love the pink/brown combo and the daisies would be very pretty against the brown.

LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 11:30pm
post #5 of 24

I think it would be pretty -- but I'd use a dark chocolate buttercream.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 11:39pm
post #6 of 24

i am thinking ,your friend wants chocolate tasting icing.. not brown colored buttercream.. or white chocolate buttercream.. so i am like, LeckieAnne.. i,d use a good quality semi-sweet chocolate or dk. chocolate buttercream.. hth and yes, i would be lovely

flamingobaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flamingobaker Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 12:13am
post #7 of 24

I love the pink/chocolate combo - I think that cake would be very pretty with dark chocolate. Maybe make the daisies light pink with brown centers?

Maybe this will help to visualize:
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=76698

lisa5573 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 3:33pm
post #8 of 24

Thanks everyone! Would you do that with white daisys or with brown daisys?

jlh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlh Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 3:51pm
post #9 of 24

I think the flowers would really pop off the cake against a dark background. It would be amazing. What a fun cake to do! Good luck.

saycheese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saycheese Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 4:04pm
post #10 of 24

I am pretty sure there is on just like you are describing posted somewhere on this site...I have seen it!!! But i can't find it! icon_cry.gif

this is what i did find...though it's not exactly what you want...it gives an idea:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1312958

lisa5573 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 4:42pm
post #12 of 24

Thanks saycheese! You're great! Where in Colorado are you? I rarely see people on here from Colorado!

saycheese Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 4:45pm
post #13 of 24

I am in Greeley! Not many Colorado cakers, huh? icon_razz.gif

lisa5573 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 5:20pm
post #14 of 24

I guess not! I haven't seen to many from Colorado!

Tashablueyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tashablueyes Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 7:18am
post #15 of 24

Wow saycheese, you're in Greeley? I'm in FTC! And it's true, you just don't see many Colorado people here.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisa5573 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 6:31am
post #17 of 24

Thanks for your help! Funny thing...now the bride wants purple flowers! icon_rolleyes.gif

I agree that dark brown and pink look very nice!

lisa5573 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 6:41am
post #19 of 24

The wedding is not until August, so there's plenty of time. I just like to plan WAY ahead for big cakes since I don't do it full time!

I think the purple will look nice too. Thanks for the pic!

xstitcher Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 6:51am
post #20 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa5573

The wedding is not until August, so there's plenty of time. I just like to plan WAY ahead for big cakes since I don't do it full time!

I think the purple will look nice too. Thanks for the pic!

ohhhh, I wasn't thinking of you having enough time to plan, I was thinking about how many times your friend might still change her mind! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 2:08am
post #21 of 24

This past August my sister in law got married and one of my good friends did the cake. It was so beautifull. She did dark chocolate ganache covered rounds with real white daisies cascading down just like in your picture. I do not have the photo of the cake in my photos because I did not do the cake but if you want me to email it to you I will ask my friends permission. It looked just like what you have posted just in chocolate and let me tell you, this cake was amazing!

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 2:22am
post #22 of 24

I think the cake will look very7 nice in chocolate but my preference I like the pic of the white one you posteed just a lil more elegant.

mirda6275 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mirda6275 Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 2:28am
post #23 of 24

Personally I love the contrast between the white of the daisies and the brown of the chocolate icing. I made a square cake iced in chocolate BC with RI daisies for my cousin's birthday (not sure if it's in my picts or not...) The contrast made for a nice looking cake. Brown and white are neutral enough that whether she goes with pink or purple the colors should pop and look great!

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 3:37pm
post #24 of 24

I just had to go ahead and post this picture. This cake was made by Carolyn Lawrence from Excelsior Springs Missouri. She is a good friend of mine and made this for my sister in laws wedding. I think it would be just as beautifull with the purple that your client has requested.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%