The Venue Took Off All The Fondant From The Wedding Cake!!!?

Decorating By mom2spunkynbug Updated 18 Jun 2009 , 8:37pm by KimLynnC

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:34pm
post #31 of 33

Stacey - one other thing about it is - that cake being served without the fondant covering on it, would have looked horrid on the serving plate. If the cake is cut and served with the fondant attached, it is still a pretty presentation (if you cut it properly!!) It is a known fact that people "eat with their eyes first" - without the fondant - I am sure it was not very visually appealing.

Andy383240 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Andy383240 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:56pm
post #32 of 33

I agree with Lucinda, the cake should be served intact! I usually don't eat any kind of icing when I'm served cake. I think it's too sweet and I prefer plain cake. Still, I wouldn't want the server to scrap off the icing. That's gross! Let ME take it or leave it as I please and serve the cake as it was prepared.

KimLynnC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimLynnC Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 8:37pm
post #33 of 33

Wow, I think the venue staff was just uneducated about cakes and fondant. They definately should have left the fondant on for the sake of presentation if anything. The guests can peel the fondant off themselves if they don't like the taste. In my opinion you should (politely) make the venue aware that the fondant can stay on the cake, in order to prevent this from happening to another bride.

Personlly I love using fondant on cakes, there is just so much more you can do with it. Whether it tastes good or not depends on what kind you use and personal preference. To me the Wilton fondant is pretty unpleasent, I don't know what others do but I knead in vanilla flavoring. MMF tastes pretty good, I add vanilla to that as well. I have tried a fondant recipe from a Colette Peters book that was very good and soft it is the best I have tried. So far I havent had any trouble cutting a fondant cake regardless of the brand or recipe.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%