Michele Foster's Fondant Gelatin Question

Decorating By nicolesprinkle Updated 30 Mar 2009 , 7:39pm by GayeG

nicolesprinkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolesprinkle Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 7:01pm
post #1 of 5

The recipe calls for 3 Tablespoons of gelatin, I bought the Knox packets. How many packets makes 3 Tablespoons? Also can I double this recipe or is it a better idea to make one batch at a time? TFL

4 replies
Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 7:22pm
post #2 of 5

I use to double the recipe with no problems at all, and I use this recipe and I love it this fondant change my life thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-3663-Michele-Fosters-Delicious-Fondant.html

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 7:29pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolesprinkle

The recipe calls for 3 Tablespoons of gelatin, I bought the Knox packets. How many packets makes 3 Tablespoons? Also can I double this recipe or is it a better idea to make one batch at a time? TFL

Most gelatin packets do not have the same amount of gelatin as any other packet. So the gelatin needs to be measured. I really don't remember how much gelatin is in one packet because I have been using bulk gelatin from the health food store for quite a few years.

Thank you for letting me know of a question that I did not answer but should have.

Michele

showersfamily4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
showersfamily4 Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 7:30pm
post #4 of 5

Her recipe calls for 3 packs of gelatin which is 6 tsp (2 Tbsp). So each pack should be 2 tsp. If you double it, you would use 6 packs or 12 tsp (4 Tbsp). Hope that helps.

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 7:39pm
post #5 of 5

Hmmmm - I made this last night (turned out great btw!) and my recipe says 3T not 3 packets!!
I measured them and I got 3 3/4 packets - made 3T .. HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%