Gum Paste Cherry Blossoms

Español By missmikey Updated 22 Apr 2009 , 1:47am by missmikey

missmikey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmikey Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 3:11pm
post #1 of 10

My son and his fiance have decided to hurry up and get married. They just want a small ceremony and I want to make them a little wedding cake. Does anyone know where I can buy gum paste cherry blossom flowers? I will need them by the 15th of April. They are getting married in Kimono's and really enjoy the Japanese culture. I am on a bit of a budget for this cake. Any help will be very much appreciated.

Michelle

9 replies
butterfly831915 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterfly831915 Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 3:15pm
post #2 of 10

Well if you don't want to make them maybe you could contact ebay or if you have to, the dollar tree here has some cute cherry blossoms, just as an emergency back up.

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 3:16pm
post #3 of 10

petalcrafts.com might have them.

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmikey Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 3:24pm
post #5 of 10

I haven't tried making them and I know I will not have the time between now and then. So I was hoping to buy them. Thank you for the suggestions I will check them out.

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 3:42pm
post #6 of 10

Just a slight detour from the original topic ... if I buy gumpaste flowers, can I add color to them? My bride is using Circus roses which are yellow with a dark orange/red on the edges and down the petals. I am still hoping to get them made, but I would like to have a back up plan. I have the dusts that I need, but wondered if the pre-made flowers would take color. Any advice?

Thanks!
Martha
LL

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 4:00pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbt4955

Just a slight detour from the original topic ... if I buy gumpaste flowers, can I add color to them? My bride is using Circus roses which are yellow with a dark orange/red on the edges and down the petals. I am still hoping to get them made, but I would like to have a back up plan. I have the dusts that I need, but wondered if the pre-made flowers would take color. Any advice?

Thanks!
Martha

The place I linked to above sells uncolored flowers that you can customize.

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 4:02pm
post #8 of 10

Thanks, txcupcake! thumbs_up.gif

missmikey Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 12:45am
post #9 of 10

Now this is a little wedding but I want to make a two tier cake. How would a 9 in square look with a 6 in round on top look? Or does anyone have any suggestions? I did find some cherry blossoms any suggestion for decorating it simply? I am not the most creative sometimes! But I am so excited about the wedding.

missmikey Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 1:47am
post #10 of 10

I want to thank everyone who offered advice. The cake turned out nice. The kids liked it and we all enjoyed it. I am going to try and attach a picture of it here.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%