Truck & Mickey In One Cake...?!?

Decorating By lpino Updated 31 Mar 2009 , 10:48pm by lpino

lpino Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lpino Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 2:53pm
post #1 of 5

Hi there,

I got a request for a truck cake. I have recently made a truck cake (attached here) and thought I'd do something similar this time. (It's not a big cake; the customer wants it to feed 12 kids).
She sent me an email a couple of days ago to ask if I could incorporate Mickey into the truck cake as her son LOVES both.

I really don't want to model a Mickey figurine, first because I'm not sure I'd do a good job and second because it's not a huge cake and I can't charge a lot of money for it so... I NEED HELP!!!!

How can I incorporate Mickey in the cake?? Anyone??

Thanks in advance,
Laura
LL

4 replies
QueenOfSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenOfSweets Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 3:19pm
post #2 of 5

Hi Laura,
I'm not sure if you're aware, but because Mickey is a licensed character you cannot model a figure of him or draw a figure of him for a cake that will be sold. Your only option with a licensed character is to purchase a cake topper or figurine and place him on the cake. Otherwise, you infringe on Disney's license of Mickey and they can sue you. Disney is notoriously protective of its licensed figures, so I'd hate to see something happen if you weren't aware of the limits for use of their characters.

That being said, what if you purchased a figure of Mickey and put him in the bed of the truck? That's about the only idea I have for you!

Hope this helps!

cakediva01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakediva01 Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 3:21pm
post #3 of 5

By the way... Love your truck cake! I would find some Mickey plastic figurines (or Mickey and gang) and have Mickey on the back of the truck. You could do the truck and just adjust your colors to more a more "Disney" color them. I'm sure you can find some at a big box store or Disney store.

Mom23girls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mom23girls Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 7:58pm
post #4 of 5

Laura - you could purchase a mickey figurine - cut off the head and stick it in the driver side window, make it look like Mickey is driving the truck! Maybe stick is arm out like he's waving too.....

lpino Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lpino Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 10:48pm
post #5 of 5

Really? can Disney sue me if I do this??? Holy Molly!!! Thanks for the warning!!! I guess I'll go with the figurine on the cake, maybe I can find a Mickey candle...

Thanks all for the ideas!
Laura

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%