Cake Delivery In Texas Heat

Decorating By jlynnw Updated 30 Mar 2009 , 2:05am by cakeelf

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 6:18pm
post #1 of 2

My mom insists that I do her cake for her anniversary. No problem. It was to be a small party for 20 -30 people. Just got off the phone and she wants a 3 or 4 tier cake, all different flavors but with cream cheese icing, maybe covered in fondant as that is the "new" thing. The party is in July and Texas is known for being hot and humid. How do I transport a cake 4 1/2 hours? (Making the cake or even finishing the cake there is out of the question) Was recomended to put the cake in a box and then in a box 4 inches larger and adding tissue paper and small pieces of dry ice to keep the cake cool. DH says that the dry ice will sublimate and make our SUV toxic with carbon dioxide. I do have good AC that circulates the air from outside to in as it cools. I am talking about small amount of dry ice.

1 reply
cakeelf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeelf Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 2:05am
post #2 of 2

box your cakes individually. wrap the box in plastic, double wrap.
chill over night (at least) and put into A/C cooled car. If you need to place the wrapped boxes in a
cooler that has those hard frozen plastic blocks in it even better.

If the cake is too small for the box and there is no board to buffer, pins may be used around the base of the cake board to hold it in place.

keep the car cool.

avoid the dry ice or anything else that could taint the incredible edibles.

When you get to the site, unwrap your cakes and assemble the tiers. Bring a "first aide" kit.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%