Tunnel Of Fudge Cake???

Baking By Niliquely Updated 3 Apr 2009 , 8:41pm by SS385Monte

Niliquely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niliquely Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 12:16pm
post #1 of 5

My husband remembers the box mix "Tunnel of Fudge" cake and wants me to try to recreate it. I kind of remember the cake myself - it was made in a bundt pan. What on earth do I use to make the fudge??? I tried mixing sweetened condensed milk with chocolate chips but it was too heavy and sank to the bottom of the cake! Ideas???

4 replies
Jeannem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeannem Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 12:36pm
post #2 of 5

Allrecipies.com has 3 or 4 versions of this cake. They're using chocolate frosting in the tunnel..

BitsnBites Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BitsnBites Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 12:39pm
post #3 of 5

This is a recipe I found on the Pillsbury site. Or you can google it and find other recipes.

NGREDIENTS
Cake
1 3/4  cups sugar
1 3/4  cups margarine or butter, softened
6  eggs
2  cups powdered sugar
2 1/4  cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose or Unbleached Flour
3/4  cup unsweetened cocoa
2  cups chopped walnuts*
Glaze
3/4  cup powdered sugar
1/4  cup unsweetened cocoa
4  to 6 teaspoons milk

DIRECTIONS
1.  Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube cake pan or 10-inch tube pan. In large bowl, combine sugar and margarine; beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add 2 cups powdered sugar; blend well. By hand, stir in flour and remaining cake ingredients until well blended. Spoon batter into greased and floured pan; spread evenly.
2.  Bake at 350°F. for 45 to 50 minutes or until top is set and edges are beginning to pull away from sides of pan.** Cool upright in pan on wire rack 1 1/2 hours. Invert onto serving plate; cool at least 2 hours.
3.  In small bowl, combine all glaze ingredients, adding enough milk for desired drizzling consistency. Spoon over top of cake, allowing some to run down sides. Store tightly covered.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft) Increase flour to 2 1/4 cups plus 3 tablespoons. Bake as directed above.

I had never heard of this cake, I will try it.

Niliquely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niliquely Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 1:00pm
post #4 of 5

Ok - I will try these! Back to the kitchen....

SS385Monte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SS385Monte Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 8:41pm
post #5 of 5

I used to LOOOOOVE this cake. There's a similar tunnel of fudge in the Chocolate Cake Mix Doctor book. I just omit the nuts that the recipe calls for. I actually brought one in to work the other day and our office manager announced to the whole company that the cake is better than sex!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%