How Many Batches Wasc Needed?

Baking By wildflower Updated 28 Mar 2009 , 1:42am by wildflower

wildflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildflower Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 10:34pm
post #1 of 7

hi
im making my grocery list for an upcoming wedding cake and need to know how much of each ingredient i need,the sizes of the wedding cake are 14"12"and 10"squares,all to be double layered equaling 4 inches high
my question is that if i was to use kakeladis original wasc recipe,how many batches of it would i need to make to make 2 layers of the 14 inch cake?
i did some research on the forums and found out[and please someone correct me if im wrong]that one batch of her recipe is perfect for making a 10 inch square[im not too sure,would that make one 10 inch square/layer or 2 10 inch squares?]
and that 1 1/2 recipe of the wasc will make a 12 inch square[again,2 12 inch layers or just one?]
im sorry,i know this is a really dumb question but i HATE math and my brain just does not want to work the way id like it to today,and so after literally hours of trying to find the answer ive given up and am calling in the troops
please help!
thanks in advance
wildflower

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 10:44pm
post #2 of 7

One cake mix plus the other ingredients in wasc makes for me 8 cups of batter so then
go to
>Wilton.com
>wedding cakes
>wedding cake data chart
>Cups Batter for 1 layer

And you can figure it out there.

I mean you might get a bit less/more batter but that's the ball park.

And with that thought it never hurts to over buy on your ingredients a little because it saves on those unplanned annoying extra trips to the grocery store when you might need to redo something or whatever.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 10:47pm
post #3 of 7

So I think wasc formulas are usually written with two box mixes so that of course makes for me 16 cups of batter--I think some of us get a little less depending on which cake mix we use.

Let me know if that helps you.

wildflower Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 10:51pm
post #4 of 7

o thank you so much!
it does help
lol,u have noo idea
im telling you the brain refused to think today but now that i know one batch makes 8 cups i can figure out the rest
again thank you sooo much!icon_smile.gif

holly4409 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
holly4409 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 10:56pm
post #5 of 7

i don't know if this will help, but last weekend, i made a 10" 8" 6" round (all two inches) using this WASC recipe http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2322-white-almond-sour-cream-cake.html

this recipe gave me a little more than enough for each of the three pans.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 12:32am
post #6 of 7

Using Rebecca Sutterby's basic WASC recipe (and 2 DH white cake mixes) I get a tad over 14 cups of batter.

HTH

wildflower Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 1:42am
post #7 of 7

it does help
thank you all so much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%