How Much Would You Charge For This Cake?? Now W/ Pic! =D

Decorating By CakesIMake Updated 27 Mar 2009 , 9:02pm by CakeMommy3

CakesIMake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesIMake Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 5:10pm
post #1 of 5

I am not good when it comes to prices out cakes..this is a 10,8 & a ball pan.. everything is fondant, well..except for the stars
How much would you charge?
LL

4 replies
CakesIMake Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 5:11pm
post #2 of 5

alright I need a little help...how in the world do you post a pic????

wildflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildflower Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 5:29pm
post #3 of 5

im not sure where you live but why dont u decide a price per serving and price according to that
for example.the 10 inch cakes serves 50 and an 8 inch serves 32[in 1"x2"sizes] so if you chose ur price per serving for fondant to be $3.50/serving[ive never priced fondant so m jus using this as an example,what u price would depend on the area u live in and how much ur costs etc,are] then for both of these cakes together u would charge $287
again i really have no idea how much fondant cakes for in your area but i just thought id give u a starting point until more experienced decorators come to your rescue
hth and good luck!

CakesIMake Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 6:39pm
post #4 of 5

anyone? icon_cry.gif

CakeMommy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommy3 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 9:02pm
post #5 of 5

I agree with wildflower. I have a price per serving depending on if it's buttercream or fondant. Then there are the extras, which are elaborate details, flowers, figures, etc. that make the per serving price go up. It really depends on your area. I charge 3.50 per serving for fondant cakes as my base price.
Cute cake, I like how you did the leaves at the top. I would charge a cake like that at my 3.50 per serving.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%