Question About Tutorial

Baking By jovigirl Updated 27 Mar 2009 , 5:08pm by jovigirl

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 3:22pm
post #1 of 5

I just watched the tutorial about the stenciled cookies with the food coloring... My qustion is, Does the food coloring not rub off? Or will it just dry on? I would love to do this for my dd birthday as favors as I can't draw, however I'm afraid after I package them it will just smear...
Please help...

TIA

4 replies
giggysmack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giggysmack Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 3:37pm
post #2 of 5

I'm pretty sure it will dry. You could try a test to see how it goes. I hope you get a better answer.

jovigirl Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 4:26pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you

I would be nice if we could start a thread on the same page as the tutorial...
I guess I will have to stencil a cookie & figure it out weather it drys or will smear...

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 4:39pm
post #4 of 5

I have never actually tried it with food coloring. I use royal to do mine.

I have done plently of stenciling with paint on all kinds of surfaces. The key to doing it right is to use very little paint(foodcolor gel). Load up your brush, then just about take all the color off using a paper towel. It is called dry brushing.

If you do it this way, I bet it gets absorbed into your flooded(or fondant) covered cookie the same as if you would use luster or petal dust. You are actually rubbing the color on using a light but consistent touch. You can also use a tapping motion for a different effect.

jovigirl Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 5:08pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiemookie

I have never actually tried it with food coloring. I use royal to do mine.

I have done plently of stenciling with paint on all kinds of surfaces. The key to doing it right is to use very little paint(foodcolor gel). Load up your brush, then just about take all the color off using a paper towel. It is called dry brushing.

If you do it this way, I bet it gets absorbed into your flooded(or fondant) covered cookie the same as if you would use luster or petal dust. You are actually rubbing the color on using a light but consistent touch. You can also use a tapping motion for a different effect.

Thank you soo much for your reply ;o)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%