Confused About Facebook

Lounge By mellormom Updated 2 Apr 2009 , 1:17am by CAKEtankerous

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 3:02pm
post #1 of 13

Weddingwire said to make a fan page so I did by following there link. Any free advertizing is a good thing. icon_smile.gif but now I'm confused.
How do you get to fan pages and do many people view them? I have a page on facebook and I know how to use it and love it. I'm just confused on the fan page and how I can look at others fan pages. icon_confused.gif
Jen...

12 replies
chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 7:15pm
post #2 of 13

Hey Jenny!

It's so cool to run across people on here that you 'know', lol. See you Sunday at the ICES Mtg!

~Michelle (treasurer, MassICES)

P.S. Sorry to hi-jack your thread! and I can't help with facebook, I can barely navigate my own, lol.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 7:21pm
post #3 of 13

I don't know, but you may want to post a link to your fan page as your status update... if you post a link here, I'll become a fan!

mellormom Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 9:17pm
post #4 of 13

What does it mean to become a fan? Why is that a good thing? icon_confused.gif
I feel so old not knowing! LOL
Hi back Michelle! Can't wait!
Jen...

Niliquely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niliquely Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 10:26pm
post #5 of 13

I don't know how to make a fan page...I'm kind of down on Facebook right now. They changed their format and I don't like it. Maybe I am alone on this, but I just almost want to close my account!
(Sorry to be so borish)

itsmylife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsmylife Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 11:51am
post #6 of 13

Hi....

Not sure if this will help you, but....

You can either invite people to your fan page to join or someone would have to put in a search for whatever your page is about and then they would find it that way.

If you want to find other fan pages (like, Bon Jovi icon_biggrin.gif ), you type in Bon Jovi in the search box at the top/right side of the facebook page. When you hit enter, it will bring up everyone that has created a fan page for Bon Jovi... just like if you were searching for a person, as well as the 'official' fan page for that person/group/tvshow, etc...

If someone has created a fan page for whatever it is you are looking for, you should be able to find it with a search. This will also pull up official pages (i.e. like Bon Jovi's official facebook page will be listed along with regular person created Bon Jovi pages). Then you can choose whatever ones you want to look at.

mellormom Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 12:06pm
post #7 of 13

Thanks! That does help! Now I get it. icon_smile.gif But will people really be searching for cakes?
Jen...

foxymomma521 Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 12:14pm
post #8 of 13

I do!

ThisNameInUse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThisNameInUse Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 10:34pm
post #9 of 13

I do!

mellormom Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 2:16pm
post #10 of 13

So how do I invite people to be fans?
Jen...

foxymomma521 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 5:36pm
post #11 of 13

what's the name of your business?

mellormom Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 1:07am
post #12 of 13

Cake Creations
I run it out of my home in MA (I'm leagal)
Jen...

CAKEtankerous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAKEtankerous Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 1:17am
post #13 of 13

I saw your post on forum and typed the name of your business on facebook and it didn't come up. I just joined facebook myself and am just starting with cake decorations and wanted to check your profile out. but the name of your business didn't come up anyway, maybe your real name did, but I don't know that. anyway, i'd be a fan also.
donna

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%