Wedding Cake Ideas

Decorating By IcedTea4Me2 Updated 2 Apr 2009 , 4:06pm by pipercakes

IcedTea4Me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IcedTea4Me2 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 2:12pm
post #1 of 3

HTB wants chocolate cake, chocolate filling, and would really prefer chocolate frosting. Fine. Here's the rub. I bought a topper (that I wish now I hadn't) a while back with a pretty bride on it and a fireman in the turnout gear that's a golden yellow color. Cute, but doesn't go with chocolate, IMO. The colors are going to be gold, yellow. This would be easy if the outside of the cake could be white or cream colored. It would match better. I was going to ditch the whole fireman topper thing completely, but he thinks it's cute and I can tell he wants it to be used. What do I do? I think to put the white topper on top of the chocolate cake is not attractive, IMO. That's just my personal preference -- no offense to anyone who has done it. What would you do to make a beautiful chocolate wedding cake and incorporate this topper?

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 5:40pm
post #2 of 3

There are many times when we have to bow to the whims of the customer - against our better judgement.
Can you make the choco icing much lighter......I don't think it will clash as much as you think icon_smile.gif

pipercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipercakes Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 4:06pm
post #3 of 3

Maybe still do a chocolate frosted cake, but in order to break up the color contrast, have the topper sit on a fondant circle of another color? Or put a fresh flower or other topper on and then rest the fireman topper on top of that?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%