Deposit Issues...

Decorating By Babarooskie Updated 27 Mar 2009 , 4:52pm by Babarooskie

Babarooskie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babarooskie Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 1:46pm
post #1 of 11

I had a client want a Disney Jo Jo Circus cake for 60 people. I charged her $165. I told her (even though it's on my website), that any orders over $100, requires 50% deposit at least 3 days before.

Well, the cake is for this Sunday and still no deposit. We had made contact to meet, that fell through either on her part because of schedule and mine. Then on Monday I sent her an e-mail stating that I am available all this week- whatever time. No answer from her. I sent another e-mail on Tuesday, still no answer. I know she received and read the e-mails because I also sent her a message on Myspace and it shows that she read it.

So, no cake for her. This is where I need help...what should I write to her, professionally, stating that without the deposit I can not make her cake now?

Thanks

10 replies
summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 1:52pm
post #2 of 11

No cake. if you are more comfortable with email, and want to have it in writing, that is fine. Calling her is also fine. But stick to your guns! I am the same way: no deposit=no cake. I have gotten burned before and won't let that happen again.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 1:53pm
post #3 of 11

Dear ________
Unfortunately I have not yet received your deposit for the cake on the 29th. As per the requirements on my website, and the correspondence I have sent you, I will be unable to make the cake.
Thank You for understanding,
Babarooskie

This is where you should pm snarkybaker (txcat)- at least I think they are the same person!
She always words letters like this well...

Babarooskie Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 1:59pm
post #4 of 11

Thanks foxy!

This is what I wrote to her:

Hi Christine:

I hope you're doing well...

Unfortunately, I have not yet received the deposit for the cake for this Sunday, the 29th. As per the requirements on my website, and the correspondences I have sent you, I will be unable to make the cake.

I do hope that we can still do business together in the future.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Thank you for your understanding,

Nathalie

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 2:08pm
post #5 of 11

I had that this week. Last minute military wedding. THey called on Thursday, we met on Tuesday, wedding is Sunday. When we met on TUesday, I told them I would need to know by Wednesday noon AND would need payment then also. It was bride, 2 moms and a gramma.

wednesday comes and goes. Thursday a.m., I leave a VM with bride. Thursday p.m. I send an email to the THREE emails they gave me that said, "To confirm the voicemail I left on (bride's) phone, since I have not heard from you, I am assuming you have made other arrangements. Thanks for considering us."

Gramma replied that she "can't believe they didn't get back with you!" she apologized for wasting my time. (I replied that it was not a problem, I know it's pretty stressful right now, and I sent my best wishes for the bride as she starts her new married life.)

foxymomma521 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 2:13pm
post #6 of 11

let us know what she says! I hope it works out for you.

Babarooskie Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 2:16pm
post #7 of 11

I sure will icon_smile.gif

What a bummer too! I was looking forward to doing this cake, but oh well.
And she was sooo nice too!

Babarooskie Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 3:47pm
post #8 of 11

UPDATE:

She read the e-mail and....... NO RESPONSE.

foxymomma521 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 3:51pm
post #9 of 11

lol- I hate people who have no regard for others. Obviously that is the case here. Unless she doesn't have the money and is too embarassed to tell you, I can't see any other reason to keep ignoring you.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 3:52pm
post #10 of 11

Yeah, she prob. realized she didn't have enough to pay for the cake. Sorry!

Babarooskie Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 4:52pm
post #11 of 11

Oh well... icon_cool.gif

At least now I can go out tomorrow night with the girls icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%