Does This Sound Good?

Baking By pumpkinroses Updated 28 Mar 2009 , 9:19pm by luvsfreebies72

pumpkinroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkinroses Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 11:36am
post #1 of 4

I want to make a spring flavored cake for work next week.

My thought immediately went to WASC with orange flavored filling and Almond BC or Fondant but I've never used orange extract to know how strong it is. My other thought was to have 2 layers of orange filling and a layer of lemon. Would that be to much citrus?

Any thoughts or ideas are welcome. I just have the itch to make another cake it's been since February.

TIA
Nikki

3 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 10:35am
post #2 of 4

I've made a dreamsicle WASC cake (using DH orange cake mix and orange extract, filled and frosted w/Rich's Bettercreme.

The WASC with orange filling or lemon curd would be very good. (Don't know that I'd do three layers of fillings using both orange and lemon.)

The WASC is so versatile, it's great with just about anything.

HTH

P.S. When substituting orange extract, I just replaced the almond 1:1.

pumpkinroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkinroses Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 9:10pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks so much for the input. While doing some research I found a BC recipe that uses orange marmalade and some orange extract. I think I will give this a try. My co-workers are my guinea pigs for this one.

Thanks again
Nikki

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 9:19pm
post #4 of 4

I personally LOVE orange cake with a lemon filling, whether it's curd or BC. I think the tart lemon offsets the sweeter orange and they play off each other. It's not too citrus-y to me. But I love citrus, so it's all a matter of taste

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%