Doctored Cake Mixes

Baking By warmvanillasugar1234 Updated 27 Mar 2009 , 1:04am by Ro40

warmvanillasugar1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warmvanillasugar1234 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 12:45am
post #1 of 4

Are there any other doctored cake mixes besides WASC?

3 replies
KellBell22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellBell22 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 12:51am
post #2 of 4

Try looking up the Cake Doctor book series. I think there's three different titles.

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 12:55am
post #3 of 4

Sure there are! Tons in fact.

A recipe book, The Cake Mix Doctor. Its decent, and they even have a Chocolate Cake Mix Doctor.

Also, if you add:

1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 egg
2 tsps. flavoring (vanilla, strawberry, etc.)
pinch of salt

to your mix, it makes what we call here the cake mix extender. It gives you more batter, and a finer texture. My customers LOVE it! They even prefer it over the scratch cakes.

Ro40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ro40 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 1:04am
post #4 of 4

I do 4 eggs, 1/2 C. oil, 1 C. water and 1 box pudding mix. Very moist

Quote by @%username% on %date%