It's Official...dh Spoils Me

Business By Chef_Stef Updated 28 Mar 2009 , 6:06am by onebigdogmama

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 8:00pm
post #1 of 13

We're about a week away from starting the build-out on the new cake shop, and since I'll need to be able to deliver more than one cake at a time on just the front seat of my current BMW 328xi (which I adore), he ordered me a new BMW X5 in mineral green (my favorite color). I measured the back cargo area, and it's HUGE (comparatively speaking). thumbs_up.gif It should be here next week. Have I mentioned he's the sweetest!? I have to work my ever-livin' butt off to pay for all this stuff, but hey, I like to keep busy.

I'll post pics of the shop once it gets underway; I've been keeping it on the down low because I didn't want to...uh...jinx it. icon_wink.gif

happy happy car dance

12 replies
nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 8:08pm
post #2 of 13

How exciting for you! Congrats on the new car and the shop. It's always nice to have a hubby that spoils you rotten icon_biggrin.gif (I have one of those too!)

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 8:18pm
post #3 of 13

What? That's freaking sweet!! icon_cool.gif
Thank your lucky stars you snagged a good one, and good luck on the opening of your shop!!

Chef_Stef Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 8:36pm
post #4 of 13

Just to clarify HOW sweet he is: He actually traded in his beautiful, pristine, bright red, lifted Dodge 3500 quad cab pickup with every possible bell and whistle, chrome everywhere, *MAN TRUCK*, so I could get my delivery car. I think his exact words were, "You never blink an eye when I buy new equipment for my business, so...now it's your turn." And, he's selling a skid steer from our other business, for the down payment for my shop.

Just a minute; I'm getting all va-clempt...I'll give you a topic...discuss amonst yourselves...

And after 22 years, I still think he's so hot! How teenager-ish is this?--today I'm wearing one of his t-shirts, and it smells like his Gucci cologne, and it still makes me swoon. heehee

Must be the sunshine today, but so far it's been a heckuva day. icon_smile.gif

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 8:45pm
post #5 of 13

Stef, that is SO cute! You made me smile reading that....it sounds like a high school girl! Always be grateful when your guy realizes just how much we do and how much we give,(usually without a word about it) and finally reciprocates. It's definitely a great feeling to be loved like that!!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 1:56am
post #6 of 13

Awwwwe... that is so sweet. And his gesture is awesome too. Have fun with your new toy... I must say I'm a tad bit mineral green with envy... I needz me a new car. icon_wink.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 5:46am
post #7 of 13

Does he give lessons???

Congrats on the new surprise purchase and having a wonderful hubby!

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 5:56am
post #8 of 13

Stef, you are so lucky! You've got a great hubby and a new shop opening. brat! icon_wink.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 1:52pm
post #9 of 13

WoW! That's awesome, congrats!!

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 2:32pm
post #10 of 13

So sweet...awww...good for you!

onebigdogmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onebigdogmama Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 5:40am
post #11 of 13

Stef, that is so sweet! He gave up some of his toys for you and cakes! That's love! And a business write-off too! LOL.

Where are you putting the shop? CDA, PF? I wanna stop by and see when done. Are you planning a walk in shop or by appt? Details! icon_lol.gif

Chef_Stef Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 5:54am
post #12 of 13

Hey Christine,

Yes, he is a DEAR for trading in the 'guy truck' for the 'cake hauler' icon_wink.gif, but I do get to write it off, and we save $700/mo in the trade.

The new shop is going to be in PF. PM me and I'll tell you where etc.; you should come by! Not a walk-in shop, but definitely in a great spot, new construction. We get the architect copies Monday, and they should be starting on the build-out by end of next week or the following Monday if all goes well. So, lots of excitement next week. I sign for the new car tomorrow a.m., and it should be in by next Friday. DH wants me to do the license plate with "GOTCAKE" on it--what do you think? (I thought of thumbs_up.gif

onebigdogmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onebigdogmama Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 6:06am
post #13 of 13

thumbs_up.gif on the plate! LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%