Need Ideas For Bridal Cookies - Pantry Party?

Baking By aboud18 Updated 31 Mar 2009 , 1:49pm by sweetjan

aboud18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aboud18 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:02pm
post #1 of 14

Hi Ladies~

I am a bridesmaid in an upcoming wedding and we are throwing the bride a party in a month or two. The theme of the party is "Pantry Party" or "Kitchen Theme."

We will be sending out invitation soon, and included in the invitation will be a recipe card for the guest to fill out with their favorite recipe. We will collect all these recipes and give to the bride at the end of the party. The guest are suggested to bring kitchen themed gifts (i.e. mixing bowls, stand mixer, oven mitts, baking dishes, etc).

We would like to send the guests off with some cute cookies as a party favor but I am stumped on what shape to make! I was thinking it would be so cute to send them off with a cookie shaped like a stand mixer/oven mitt (or something of that nature) with a recipe attached for the cookie.

I have been searching cookie cutter sites and have yet to find any cutters I really like. I guess I could always settle on a fork/spoon set, but all I can find are spoon cutters.

Any ideas from you lovely ladies?

Thanks!

13 replies
samantha22c Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samantha22c Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:55pm
post #2 of 14

you could always make an apron cookie. You can take a large flower cookie cutter then cut a small semi circle out of the top and make two small toothpick holes on either side to thread a tiny piece of ribbon through once they are baked and cooled.

It's the same idea of making a baby bib, but if you pipe on pockets you can transform it into an apron.

HeidiCrumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeidiCrumbs Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:14pm
post #3 of 14

This site has a knife fork and spoon, salt shaker, chefs hat, coffee/tea mug. I don't know how soon you need them, but if you can't order them maybe you could do templates. Good luck!

Heidi.

http://kitchengifts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=KCI&Category_Code=food

aboud18 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 7:29pm
post #4 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha22c

you could always make an apron cookie. You can take a large flower cookie cutter then cut a small semi circle out of the top and make two small toothpick holes on either side to thread a tiny piece of ribbon through once they are baked and cooled.

It's the same idea of making a baby bib, but if you pipe on pockets you can transform it into an apron.

This is such a cute idea! thanks!

aboud18 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 7:31pm
post #5 of 14

Heidi

That link was incredibly helpful. Its exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks!! icon_biggrin.gif

HeidiCrumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeidiCrumbs Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 8:18pm
post #6 of 14

You're welcome! I'm usually the one asking the questions so I'm glad to be able to finally help! I also thought of doing a soup can, like Campbells, but I don't know how good you are at freehand. I suck so I probably wouldn't be able to do it. Good luck!

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 9:15pm
post #7 of 14

A mitten cutter could do an oven mitt- cut off the little "cuff tabs" if you like.

tujy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tujy Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 10:11pm
post #8 of 14
Amifsud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amifsud Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 10:17pm
post #9 of 14

How about a teapot and cup and saucer. I've seen those done up really cute.

CindyM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CindyM Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 1:08am
post #10 of 14

The apron idea is great! Here's some cookies from Paulkjan - I've had these in my fav's! They're great!
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1160449

aboud18 Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 2:08pm
post #11 of 14

Wow! Those are amazing! Thanks!

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 3:00am
post #12 of 14

You can always make your own templates from cardstock, parchment paper, or freezer paper. The dough will cut best if it's been in the freezer at least 20 min when cutting free hand. And that way you can cut what you want. Just find a pic & make it the size you want, print, trace & cut.

Here are a couple from Antonia that i've always liked.

you could use a rectangle cutter or just a pizza cutter

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1214169

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1214168

aboud18 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 1:35pm
post #13 of 14

Antonia is amazing! icon_eek.gif

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 1:49pm
post #14 of 14

Antonia is amazing. Love the silverware, especially
Thanks for sharing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%