New Cake Tv Show Casting For Un-Discovered Talent!

Decorating By Heath Updated 6 Dec 2009 , 2:59pm by Love2BakeCakes

shelly-101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelly-101 Posted 5 May 2009 , 11:42pm
post #331 of 454

cakesunleashed i also didn't feel you caused an upset i was a little disappointed at first but i got over it pretty fast after someone suggested that maybe we would be working with some of the big names that would be cool to.

shelly

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 6 May 2009 , 1:49am
post #332 of 454

sooo, what if a person missed the deadlines completely? could a person still apply for "one day" or down the road?

thanks

CakesUnleashed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesUnleashed Posted 6 May 2009 , 3:08am
post #333 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly101

cakesunleashed i also didn't feel you caused an upset i was a little disappointed at first but i got over it pretty fast after someone suggested that maybe we would be working with some of the big names that would be cool to.

shelly

Whoo Hooo! If anything, it would be great for us to finally meet!!! That would be awesome!

CakesUnleashed Posted 6 May 2009 , 3:10am
post #334 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by melodyscakes

sooo, what if a person missed the deadlines completely? could a person still apply for "one day" or down the road?

thanks

Deadline is May 18, 2009
email: [email protected]

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 6 May 2009 , 3:43am
post #335 of 454

After reading that at least one well-known caker was going to be competing, my first reaction was the same as some of the others..."whaaaaaaaat?". But, then I thought about it more and came to the decision that this may just be the angle they're using..."How many of you thought to yourself, "Hey, I can do that!"? Well, now is your chance." and put 3 unknowns up against a seasoned competitor to see how they fair...I don't know...sounded like a plausible angle.

classiccake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
classiccake Posted 7 May 2009 , 3:28am
post #336 of 454

Yep, how many times have I heard....CC's should compete on some of those shows. They are looking for new talent.

melodyscakes Posted 10 May 2009 , 2:57am
post #337 of 454

yeah, I'm out. Courtney is way to good for me!

melodyscakes Posted 10 May 2009 , 3:01am
post #338 of 454

yeah, I'm out. Courtney is way to good for me!

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 11 May 2009 , 7:01pm
post #339 of 454

Gee, I hope someday they will have a show for folks like me who still consider themselves just beginners or hobbyist decorations.....something like....Teach Me to Decorate! or The Adventures of Debbie, Learning to Decorate Cakes! ROFL!!!

Good Luck to all you wonderful, very experienced CC decorators!

deb

shelly-101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelly-101 Posted 11 May 2009 , 7:11pm
post #340 of 454

Has anyone heard anything yet? i tried emailing them to ask about any updates but never heard anything back so was just curious if anyone else knew anything.

CakesUnleashed Posted 13 May 2009 , 9:46pm
post #341 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly101

Has anyone heard anything yet? i tried emailing them to ask about any updates but never heard anything back so was just curious if anyone else knew anything.

Not a darn thing! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

all4cake Posted 13 May 2009 , 9:52pm
post #342 of 454

Nothing here either...oh well...

CakesUnleashed Posted 15 May 2009 , 6:34pm
post #343 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

Any news?!?!?!

JawdroppingCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JawdroppingCakes Posted 15 May 2009 , 6:35pm
post #344 of 454

I hope it is not too late. I just submitted my info to them.

all4cake Posted 15 May 2009 , 9:38pm
post #345 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesUnleashed

Quote:

Any news?!?!?!

noooooooo...I heard nothing back.

Did you?

CakesUnleashed Posted 15 May 2009 , 10:00pm
post #346 of 454
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Any news?!?!?!

noooooooo...I heard nothing back.

Did you?

N-O-T A W-O-R-D!! Darn! I am getting sooooooooo discouraged.

I hope that they let us know, one way or another, ya know??

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 15 May 2009 , 10:06pm
post #347 of 454

I'm thinking we'll find out when someone gets on here and says "Wait til you see me on tv!" haha.

CakesUnleashed Posted 15 May 2009 , 11:03pm
post #348 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

I'm thinking we'll find out when someone gets on here and says "Wait til you see me on tv!" haha.

I agree!!

Kitagrl Posted 16 May 2009 , 5:15am
post #349 of 454

I actually just heard back! Er...the answer was "no". haha.

He said there was alot of competition and I was considered until the very end...but maybe I'll have another chance in season 2. haha.

BUT that means you girls will be hearing back soon as well! Good luck!

CakesUnleashed Posted 16 May 2009 , 6:29am
post #350 of 454
Quote:

He said there was alot of competition and I was considered until the very end...but maybe I'll have another chance in season 2. haha.

I've got a feeling that Frank sent out a generic letter to all of us that didn't make it. Here's mine:

Hey Deborah,
Sooooo very sorry for being MIA. I got pulled from the cake show and had to help out on Shear Genius.
Just got the final cast list today and, alas, you were not on it. Don't fret. They have you listed on Season II, if all goes well with the ratings. From my experience, it's often better to get in on Season II when all the creaks are worked out. You were definitely a contender till the end.
Best,
Frank

Kitagrl Posted 16 May 2009 , 1:11pm
post #351 of 454
Quote:

Quote:

I've got a feeling that Frank sent out a generic letter to all of us that didn't make it. Here's mine:

Hey Deborah,
Sooooo very sorry for being MIA. I got pulled from the cake show and had to help out on Shear Genius.
Just got the final cast list today and, alas, you were not on it. Don't fret. They have you listed on Season II, if all goes well with the ratings. From my experience, it's often better to get in on Season II when all the creaks are worked out. You were definitely a contender till the end.
Best,
Frank

Hmm not generic....so that's nice! But I wonder if we really have a shot at season two or he's just being friendly? haha. Mine was definitely worded very differently but same general idea.

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 16 May 2009 , 2:23pm
post #352 of 454

Mine sounded about the same too - thanks so much, considered until the bitter end, definately in the running for season 2. Oh well! It was worth a shot!!

Kitagrl Posted 16 May 2009 , 2:35pm
post #353 of 454

I wonder, if there is a season two, if they will keep our info on file or if we'll have to enter again....

CakesUnleashed Posted 16 May 2009 , 11:49pm
post #354 of 454
Quote:

I wonder, if there is a season two, if they will keep our info on file or if we'll have to enter again....

Well, even though we didn't make it this season, I am actually relieved to KNOW. The waiting was awful. I turned down cake orders because I didn't know if I'd be doing the show or not. Soooooooooooo, it's good to be able to take cake orders and GET ON WITH MY LIFE! LOL

Let's hope there TRULY IS a Season II and perhaps we can say, "See you soon!?!!?"

Thanks for being here, gang! Don't know what I'd have done without you CC friends.

AbouttheCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AbouttheCake Posted 17 May 2009 , 11:50am
post #355 of 454

I haven't received 'the letter' yet, but have been dealing with Kelly. Was wondering if you had contacted them and that's how they responded or if Frank just emailed you? Just wondering if I should be expecting a letter 'out of the blue'.

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 17 May 2009 , 2:24pm
post #356 of 454

Mine was just an email from Frank.

CakesUnleashed Posted 18 May 2009 , 1:53am
post #357 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by atcake

I haven't received 'the letter' yet, but have been dealing with Kelly. Was wondering if you had contacted them and that's how they responded or if Frank just emailed you? Just wondering if I should be expecting a letter 'out of the blue'.

I got an email from Frank --- Never heard of Kelly, she may do things differently.

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 18 May 2009 , 2:31pm
post #358 of 454

Yeah, I go the e-mail from Frank, "considered until the very end, you will be considered for season 2" ...blahblah.

I am so glad I finally know! I was worried about having to cancel orders to be on the show and how much stuff I was going to have to buy to make things spin and light up and explode, lol.

Still, I plan to make some extreme cakes and get more practice making huge cakes for my portfolio - not for the "just in case", but to get a new corner of the market icon_cool.gif

The dream was fun while it lasted, and I hope to see someone on here soon that DID make it! Can't wait to see the show!

Kitagrl Posted 18 May 2009 , 2:33pm
post #359 of 454

Mac I'm concerned that if I did outrageous practice cakes, everybody would like them but nobody would want to pay for them...???

Cakes like that are what, $8-$12/serving?

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 18 May 2009 , 2:38pm
post #360 of 454
Quote:

Mac I'm concerned that if I did outrageous practice cakes, everybody would like them but nobody would want to pay for them...???

Cakes like that are what, $8-$12/serving?

Trust me, they'll pay. And then when friend has a cake like that at a party another friend is going to want one, etc. Duff wouldn't be in business if no one could afford them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%