New Cake Tv Show Casting For Un-Discovered Talent!

Decorating By Heath Updated 6 Dec 2009 , 2:59pm by Love2BakeCakes

swtness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swtness Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 3:51am
post #31 of 454

Ok I am nowhere near good enough to do this-but I am soo excited for everyone that is!! Please keep us posted on all your progress and when to watch thumbs_up.gif

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 3:58am
post #32 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

I am not sure I want to work with buttercream I never worked before in my life.. icon_redface.gif

Guess I'll have to slip that pack of dream whip in my pocket! icon_rolleyes.gif

Not to hijack the thread, but can you please tell me how the Dream Whip is used? I haven't seen this reference before in relationship to buttercream.

Good luck to all that enter the competition. Wouldn't it be great if all the contestants were CCers?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 4:05am
post #33 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptanyer

Not to hijack the thread, but can you please tell me how the Dream Whip is used? I haven't seen this reference before in relationship to buttercream.

Here's my recipe. With this recipe, I never noticed any difference when crisco when to zero-trans fat: http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-6992-Indydebis-Crisco-Based-Buttercream-Icing.html

mw902 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mw902 Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 4:09am
post #34 of 454

Oh my gosh you guys, good luck to all of you who are going to apply! I have learned something from each of you and I hope that you get a chance to show others what great artists you are!!!!!!!!!!

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 4:30am
post #35 of 454

Oh, I hope you all make it on the show. I am nowhere near being good enough to apply, but it would be so exciting to see you all on there! Anyone need an assistant icon_smile.gif

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 4:32am
post #36 of 454

Can someone pretty please look at my photos and let me know if they think I'm good enough to apply? I don't make "daring" cakes, but I do love making pretty cakes, and I am always crunched for time when I make them, so that might be on my side. Thanks!!!

confectioneista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectioneista Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 4:42am
post #37 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonK1973

Can someone pretty please look at my photos and let me know if they think I'm good enough to apply? I don't make "daring" cakes, but I do love making pretty cakes, and I am always crunched for time when I make them, so that might be on my side. Thanks!!!

Sharon,

I think your cakes are very pretty. You should try for it! We never know unless we try...worth a shot! icon_smile.gif Good luck!

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 4:44am
post #38 of 454

Your cakes are beautiful! Can you design and think on the fly, that seems to be what all the challenges want. Wouldn't it be exciting just to give it a shot?

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 4:50am
post #39 of 454
Quote:

I am scared when they say the word "extreme"!..... icon_lol.gif

Edna icon_biggrin.gif

I will SO be in the audience with big 'ole ghetto signs saying "I HEART EDNA" and "SUGARSHACK MAKES ME SHAKE"...LOL! Fan club right here!

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 4:52am
post #40 of 454

Ok! Ok! I'm going to apply. I'm no Edna or Sugarshack, but like confectioneista said, it won't hurt to try! Thanks guys!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 4:58am
post #41 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelwaters

I just sent my stuff in - I really don't think that I have a chance, but I thought what the heck!

Edna - what did they tell you??

They want me to send info...Im still deciding.. icon_redface.gif
Edna

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 4:58am
post #42 of 454

How cool that will be to see some of our CC members on TV! Good Luck to all who have apply and do keep us all up dated with any new info you find out.

God Bless,
Sharon

EDITED TO SAY: Ohhhh Edna, go for it! thumbs_up.gif

tonedna Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 5:01am
post #43 of 454
Quote:

Quote:

I am not sure I want to work with buttercream I never worked before in my life.. icon_redface.gif

Guess I'll have to slip that pack of dream whip in my pocket! icon_rolleyes.gif

You got a big pocket??....is extreme!!!!!!!!
Edna icon_lol.gif

indydebi Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 5:01am
post #44 of 454
Quote:

Edna

oh come on .... if you're there, then my family will be able to spot me EASY!! I'll just tell them, "I'm the one NEXT TO the good looking chic with the FABULOUS cakes!" thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

confectioneista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectioneista Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 5:02am
post #45 of 454
Quote:

Quote:

I just sent my stuff in - I really don't think that I have a chance, but I thought what the heck!

Edna

What?! Deciding on what? Your cakes rock - you should go for it!

tonedna Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 5:04am
post #46 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by confectioneista

Quote:

Quote:

Edna

What?! Deciding on what? Your cakes rock - you should go for it!

On the fact that they dont let you use your own materials..I like my own buttercream! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

tonedna Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 5:06am
post #47 of 454
Quote:

Quote:

Edna

oh come on .... if you're there, then my family will be able to spot me EASY!! I'll just tell them, "I'm the one NEXT TO the good looking chic with the FABULOUS cakes!" thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

MMMM...meet indydeby in person... icon_rolleyes.gif ...thats a nice thought!...

Edna icon_biggrin.gif

KellBell22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellBell22 Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 5:08am
post #48 of 454

Edna you've got to go for it! And just think of all the handsome assistants you'd have to choose from to help you. icon_wink.gif

tonedna Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 5:11am
post #49 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellBell22

Edna you've got to go for it! And just think of all the handsome assistants you'd have to choose from to help you. icon_wink.gif

The last handsome assistant I used dropped my competition cake to the floor icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif ... I got to stay away from those... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 5:21am
post #50 of 454

Good luck everyone~ I've already seen some of you on TV, so this should be a lot of fun! I'm always pointing to the TV when I see some one from CC and dragging my husband back into the room to show him. icon_cool.gif
I'm very excited for you all.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 5:24am
post #51 of 454

Hmmmm... could be fun.

not sure if I would make it on though...

indydebi Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 5:27am
post #52 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkalman

Hmmmm... could be fun.

That's where my thinking is, too. (i mean about ME ... not YOU! icon_redface.gificon_biggrin.gif )

CakesUnleashed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesUnleashed Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 5:30am
post #53 of 454

Well, ho hum! Some of you gals have heard back already and I haven't. Was I crazy to enter? Now I am embarrassed. icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

All that being said...........I would still be incredibly proud to say that I know her from CC!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 5:32am
post #54 of 454

debi..are you kidding me? Your cakes are so Gorgeous! I was just telling my hubby that you,edna,leahs, and sugarshack are the queens of cc. I would love to be half as good as any one of you. Hopefully with more practice I will be!!

Cakesunleashed:
Your cakes are awesome too. I'm sure you will hear back from them, maybe they just have a ridiculous amount of people to call back! I LOVE that drum cake! Be proud to have had the guts to enter..at least you'll never have to wonder what if!!

tonedna Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 5:34am
post #55 of 454
Quote:

Hmmmm... could be fun.

why you couldnt make it on???
Edna

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 5:36am
post #56 of 454

I don't think I do "extreme" cakes. I'd be more into a "wedding cake challenge", so I'd probably sit this one out, but I'll be interested to see you guys if you do it!

Keep us posted!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 5:37am
post #57 of 454

I am not super confident I guess... but I went out on a limb and sent in an email. We'll see what happens.

I'm not scared of the extreme part of it... just the rejection part. icon_lol.gif

tonedna Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 5:43am
post #58 of 454
Quote:

I am not super confident I guess... but I went out on a limb and sent in an email. We'll see what happens.

I'm not scared of the extreme part of it... just the rejection part. icon_lol.gif

Im the other way around.. I dont care if they reject me, cause then is like ok..I dont have to do it!..lol
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

tonedna Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 5:46am
post #59 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef_Stef

I don't think I do "extreme" cakes. I'd be more into a "wedding cake challenge", so I'd probably sit this one out, but I'll be interested to see you guys if you do it!

Keep us posted!

My thoughts exactly...Im a wedding girl!!!!!!!!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 5:47am
post #60 of 454

Wow, what an opportunity! I wish you gals luck!

Even if I had entertained the idea, knowing that Edna has entered now, no way will I be entering! lol icon_wink.gificon_rolleyes.gif The competition is already too tough.

I will however be cheering (whether it's in person of from in front of my TV set, remains to be seen). You all rock!

Now I have to hope my DH forgets that I showed this post to him, he's on my back bugging me already! I just hope he doesn't tell his aunt or I'll never hear the end of it! icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%