New Cake Tv Show Casting For Un-Discovered Talent!

Decorating By Heath Updated 6 Dec 2009 , 2:59pm by Love2BakeCakes

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 6:01pm
post #271 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

I wonder how they are gonna watch all those videos...LOL! How many contestants times 10 minutes each? Whoa.

I know!! That will take quite a while... I just got mine in the mail on Friday. My darn computer wasn't cooperating and kept shutting off on me when I was trying to burn my disc!! I ended up going to a friends house to finish it.

Boy it's not easy doing a video!! When I was going through the tape I realized that I had filmed like half of mine with my zipper down! icon_eek.gif So I redid that part...don't want to see my undies on the blooper reel or anything LOL.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 6:19pm
post #272 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacc

Quote:

I wonder how they are gonna watch all those videos...LOL! How many contestants times 10 minutes each? Whoa.

I know!! That will take quite a while... I just got mine in the mail on Friday. My darn computer wasn't cooperating and kept shutting off on me when I was trying to burn my disc!! I ended up going to a friends house to finish it.

Boy it's not easy doing a video!! When I was going through the tape I realized that I had filmed like half of mine with my zipper down! icon_eek.gif So I redid that part...don't want to see my undies on the blooper reel or anything LOL.

Too funny!

I tend to talk fast and stutter so I made an effort to try to look relaxed and talk slower...as a result I ended up with 20 minutes of video I had to edit back! Brother....

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 7:34pm
post #273 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieGioSpencer

Okay so I was going to apply but then I saw Edna's stuff. icon_biggrin.gif Go for it girl. I just have a very small operation out of my basement. I have only been decorating for 1 year. All self taught. icon_sad.gif I am a cook who is switching over to a baker because I lost my job and need to supliment my income. Good luck Edna!

You will do Great! thumbs_up.gif

Nooo!!..please go ahead and do it.. I declined to do it for now. I was soo sick that I decided it was best for my health not to do it... Plus...Im just another cake lady around here, we are all good and it can be a learning experience!
Edna icon_smile.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 7:37pm
post #274 of 454
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieGioSpencer

Okay so I was going to apply but then I saw Edna's stuff. icon_biggrin.gif Go for it girl. I just have a very small operation out of my basement. I have only been decorating for 1 year. All self taught. icon_sad.gif I am a cook who is switching over to a baker because I lost my job and need to supliment my income. Good luck Edna!

You will do Great! thumbs_up.gif

Your turtle cake in your photos is adorable! You should upload more! Can't believe you've only been doing it one year...you should have seen mine when I only had done it for 1 year!!!!

Don't let anyone intimidate you from applying...if everybody thought that way, Edna would be the only contestant. haha.

That actually could be fun...winner by default...hahaha...that's cute..
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Carmensu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carmensu Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 12:42pm
post #275 of 454

I would love to be part of this event, but I'm SUPER SHY! I wish I would have the guts to do it. icon_sad.gificon_redface.gificon_cry.gif

suesweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suesweet Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:47am
post #276 of 454

Well, bummer. I sent in an email with bio and pics back on April 1st and still haven't heard anything one way or the other. Should I still even bother to send in a video? icon_cry.gif

cecerika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cecerika Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:50am
post #277 of 454

Oh Edna, I have my fingers crossed for you. You are so talented not to mention beautiful on the outside and most importantly on the inside!!!! All my best!!! Chantelle

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:55am
post #278 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by suesweet

Well, bummer. I sent in an email with bio and pics back on April 1st and still haven't heard anything one way or the other. Should I still even bother to send in a video? icon_cry.gif

YES!!!

If you submitted on the 1st, you will most likely not get a response back yet. There hundreds, possibly thousands of entries only a few people are going through, so you will not get an instant response.

Please be patient!! You WILL get a response.
It may take quite a few weeks or more to hear back, but hang in there!

Also keep in mind that they are planning this as a multi-episode series, so they may be interested in casting you for a later appearance.

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:19am
post #279 of 454

I thought you were only supposed to send a video if they contacted you after looking at your e-mail and pics, right?

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 6:17am
post #280 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth0209

I thought you were only supposed to send a video if they contacted you after looking at your e-mail and pics, right?

When he contacts you he sends you a detailed application as well as instructions on exactly how they want the video to be done....

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:01pm
post #281 of 454
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth0209

When he contacts you he sends you a detailed application as well as instructions on exactly how they want the video to be done....

I'm glad to hear that. I was thinking I missed something. I would love to hear something back, but not holding my breath. I would love the challenge

cakesbypeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbypeg Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 6:14pm
post #282 of 454

I'm way behind on this. icon_cry.gif I just sent in my email. But better late then never, I hope.

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 6:28pm
post #283 of 454

I am sure by now they have enough talented people to do this show. Congrats to all on here that get accepted. I'll wait and see if they do this again...I too have the same concern as tonedna...not sure I want to try to make my mark in the TV cake world with product I have never used before...Good Luck everyone!

SweetPea0613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPea0613 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 11:04pm
post #284 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbypeg

I'm way behind on this. icon_cry.gif I just sent in my email. But better late then never, I hope.

Well I barely sent my app yesterday...I hope I wasn't too late. I waited til the last minute cuz I'm so not confident but my mom pushed me to do it.

TwoSweetSisters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TwoSweetSisters Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 3:23am
post #285 of 454

Has anybody that sent in a video and application heard back yet?

bsawyer78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bsawyer78 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 3:36am
post #286 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

I am scared when they say the word "extreme"!..... icon_lol.gif

Edna icon_biggrin.gif

You should def. do it!

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 1:32pm
post #287 of 454

TwoSweetSisters - I was wondering the same thing - I sent my video and paperwork in a week ago and I have not heard anything back from him - I know that he is busy and he told me that they were going to put packages together for some other department to go through - so I just don't know where they are in that search.

Has anyone else heard anything that has already sent their videos in??

JawdroppingCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JawdroppingCakes Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 2:35pm
post #288 of 454

I was wondering of you all can tell me if it is too late to enter. I just saw this thread and I am not sure if I would be good enough to make it but I would like to try.

Arty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Arty Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 4:49pm
post #289 of 454

Can I apply from England. Will they pay for me to travel soo far? icon_confused.gif Is it too late to enter? icon_sad.gif

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 11:36pm
post #290 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelwaters

TwoSweetSisters - I was wondering the same thing - I sent my video and paperwork in a week ago and I have not heard anything back from him - I know that he is busy and he told me that they were going to put packages together for some other department to go through - so I just don't know where they are in that search.

Has anyone else heard anything that has already sent their videos in??

He called me today to check and see if I got the video in the mail, but I don't think they've made any definite decisions.

ruthscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ruthscakes Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 12:06am
post #291 of 454

Some of my friends have been called as many as 5 times. Some have had numerous emails asking for more pictures and more information following the videos and phone interview. I believe the casting folks are trying to put everything together to get to the producers by the end of this week or early next week.

If the pilot is picked up, I think that more people will be contacted. The casting agents were trying to pick the right mix for the initial filming.

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 4:24pm
post #292 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arty

Can I apply from England. Will they pay for me to travel soo far? icon_confused.gif Is it too late to enter? icon_sad.gif

You have to either be a U.S. citizen or have a U.S. work visa to participate on the show.

arnab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arnab Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 10:40pm
post #293 of 454

I send my e-mail two weeks ago but nothing. I even fill out an aplication on their site last week but did not got to finish the video. I heard that a lot of people has been contact already. I even heard of personal interviews being held. Oh Well!. I know there is a lot of great decorators out there much better than me, I guess some other time will be.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 5:29pm
post #294 of 454

man... icon_eek.gif i've been gone for a while...and when i get back my fellow ccers are becoming "cake stars!!!" icon_biggrin.gif well...who ever applied- i wish you all the best of luck! i know there is tons of talent here on cc and i hope that many of you will get the chance to showcase your stuff! my best to all!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Arty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Arty Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 5:48pm
post #295 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arty

You have to either be a U.S. citizen or have a U.S. work visa to participate on the show.

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif Never mind. I wish all of my fellow US CCers that are entering and are successful the very best of luck. Honest really I do. icon_cry.gif Still upset. Go on CCers give them your best and show them what you've got.
I'm just hoping that the UK decides to do a show like this for cake decoraters icon_rolleyes.gif

shelly-101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelly-101 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 7:39pm
post #296 of 454

Any one know anything yet?

dukebrees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dukebrees Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 1:00am
post #297 of 454

Hey Everyone,

I guess they are still looking because when I got home today, I received an email from Frank Garrity, Casting Producer. He said "he likes what he sees and wants me to call him at my earliest convenience". Is that the email other people received? All I sent was an email with a couple of pics. I guess he will ask me for a video. Someone please give me an idea of what to expect when I call him back in the morning. Thanks, David

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 5:16pm
post #298 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebrees

Hey Everyone,

I guess they are still looking because when I got home today, I received an email from Frank Garrity, Casting Producer. He said "he likes what he sees and wants me to call him at my earliest convenience". Is that the email other people received? All I sent was an email with a couple of pics. I guess he will ask me for a video. Someone please give me an idea of what to expect when I call him back in the morning. Thanks, David

They must be looking. He called me back the day I was going to put my video in the mail (Mon 13th) to tell me to really talk myself up - that the producers are looking for people they feel confident in airing, those who can prove they can make a cake spin and smoke and such...

I had to re-shoot most of my video but I got it in the mail Tues 14th. He was supposed to give it to the producers Friday the 17th, but I haven't heard anything.

My downfall was that I did not have time to make a cake for footage, so I'm sure I will be looked right over, even though I promised up and down that I CAN do extreme cakes. My cousin and I have been talking about adding them to our repertoire over the last few months and just haven't nailed down a time to make some for photos and ads. But she is good friends with a lady at an electrical supply store and I am good friends with the manager at Hobbytown USA and we have already discussed what to use to make a cake spin and such.

My fingers are crossed, but poop, I just didn't have time!! icon_cry.gif

dukebrees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dukebrees Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 5:47pm
post #299 of 454

I just got off the phone with Frank...he needs my video by Thurs. This is going to be fun. I have 5 cakes due by Sat. so I will have some things to show him but I don't think I will sleep. They said it will be a recurring show with 3 contestants each week. If by some miracle I am selected, I may have to ask someone from CC to be my assistant. I have always worked alone. He also wants to see cakes that spin and have pyrotechnics which is ok. I may have to change a design this week so it spins and burns. Wish me luck.

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 2:48pm
post #300 of 454

Glad to hear things are going well for some of you. I hope to see and hear more about the show soon.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%