Suggestions On Lightening Up Wasc?

Decorating By Luvsthedogs Updated 26 Mar 2009 , 12:02am by Luvsthedogs

Luvsthedogs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luvsthedogs Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 8:47pm
post #1 of 6

I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions to lighten up the WASC recipe. It's very yummy, but the last couple of times that I've made it, it was too moist/dense/sweet.

I could experiment and see what happens but was hoping that someone else has changed it up with good results.

Thanks, Cindy

5 replies
JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 9:12pm
post #2 of 6

Wellll....the whole point of it is to be moist and a bit denser. Are you sure you're cooking it long enough? Did you think it was fine before and just not the past few times you've baked it?

Sorry, not trying to sound like a smarty pants, but if you don't like the denser/moister WASC, why not just bake the mix unchanged?

Jodie

Luvsthedogs Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 9:28pm
post #3 of 6

Not a smarty pants!! icon_lol.gif I appreciate the comments.

Perhaps I didn't bake it long enough but the cakes were pulling away from the sides and lightly browning on top, toothpick clean when inserted. Yes, the alternative is to use the boxed mix as is or try a scratch recipe.

I really like the chocolate version, the white I'm still working on...

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 9:39pm
post #4 of 6

I'm afraid I have to agree w/Jodi. It is meant to be dense, moist and yummmmmy icon_smile.gif

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 11:37pm
post #5 of 6

Have you ever tried Sylvia Weinstock's classic yellow cake? It's actually not a dark yellow, kind of a cross between white/yellow cake. I think you'd like the texture of it, it's moist without being heavy/wet......KWIM?

HTH
Deb

Just do a google search for it and it will come up!

Luvsthedogs Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 12:02am
post #6 of 6

Thanks, I'll try that one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%