Red Velvet Wedding Cake?

Decorating By lmn4881 Updated 3 Apr 2009 , 10:52pm by RobzC8kz

lmn4881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lmn4881 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 7:14pm
post #1 of 8

Hello Fellow CC'ers!

Could someone please tell me which red velvet cake recipe is the best to use for weddings? Also can you cover red velvet cake with white fondant without the red color bleeding through?

TIA

Lisa

7 replies
GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 12:50am
post #2 of 8

bump

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 1:58am
post #3 of 8

Mine! icon_smile.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-3463-6-Promises-Red-Velvet-Cake.html

Yes, you can cover it in white fondant. It won't bleed through.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 2:50am
post #4 of 8

Ugh, the last red velvet wedding cake I did was like 11 cakes that fit together like a puzzle. It was a version of Colette Peter's Puzzle Cake. That monster was covered in white fondant without any problems.

The recipe my brides overwhelmingly choose (thankfully, mostly for groom's cakes, LOL) is Sarah's Red Velvet Cake - Tweaked. Link here: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7377-5-Sarahs-Red-Velvet-Cake-TWEAKED.html

I will have to try yours the next time I have to make a RV cake, pterrell.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 3:05am
post #5 of 8

Cakeman Raven's is wonderful! I do add 3 tablespoons of cocoa instead of just the 1tsp., but thats my kid's preference. He also has the best cream cheese frosting. You can find the recipe on food tv or I can post it.

lmn4881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lmn4881 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 3:01am
post #6 of 8

L Bella.....could you post it for me please?

cb_one Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cb_one Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 9:06pm
post #7 of 8

Two of the Wedding Cakes in my photos are Red Velvet w/cream cheese icing covered in Fondant.
Just be sure that since the cream cheese frosting is so heavy that you refridgerate the cake well before you put the fondant on it.

RobzC8kz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RobzC8kz Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 10:52pm
post #8 of 8

I did a red and white polka dot wedding cake (in my gallery) that was also red velvet and cream cheese filling on the inside! You CAN cover a red velvet cake in white fondant, but you have to work very neat and clean to keep those pesky red crumbs outta your fondant!!! Best bet is to put a nice thick layer of BC over the cake, then cover with an equally thick layer of fondant.

Again, very messy...but you can do it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%