Home Based Cake Business In Plymouth, Ma

Business By EatSomeCake Updated 25 Mar 2009 , 8:42pm by sari66

EatSomeCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EatSomeCake Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 5:55pm
post #1 of 2

I have been a dental hygienist for the past 6 years and decorating cakes for the past 14 years for fun and family/friends events. I also worked in a bakery doing the decorating for four years while attending college. I've always wanted to have my own cake business and when my second child was born three months ago we decided I would not be going back to work with the costs of child care making it barely worth it, more time with children, etc. I do need to bring in some type of income though to supplement my husband's so we've decide now's the time to take the plunge with finally doing cakes for a living(hopefully) My husband's nearing finishing my website...sorry about all the rambling, my question is about doing cakes out of the house. Does anyone in Massachusetts do it? Do you have any advice you'd be willing to share?Does everyone working out of their home need a kitchen license? My kitchen is very clean but very out of date and somewhat small, I'm embarassed for potential clients to see it...I think the kitchen is 30 years old...all the appliances that came with the house are different colors, the cabinets are cracking white laminate and some linoleum is missing in spots. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

1 reply
sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 8:42pm
post #2 of 2

MA is one of the states that allow home bakeries, call your dept of ag and they'll tell you what you need to know. There is a sticky at the top of this forum with this info as well.

hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%