Happy Marriage Life - Dear Mr. Scammer,

Decorating By CakeMakar Updated 26 Mar 2009 , 10:01pm by Ayanami

starcitycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
starcitycakes Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:49pm
post #31 of 35

YORKIE!! I remembered. It was for TWO mini Yorkies.

Ayanami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayanami Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:56pm
post #32 of 35

I just had my first Craigslist scammer too! I am new to CList, so I had to call my BFF (a CList pro) to get her opinion. Here's the email I received. It was for the purchase of a brand new riding lawn mower (another thing I sell at my J.O.B.)

email #1 :

Quote:
Quote:

" Hello Good day, do you still have the above item available for sale? "

--- okay, normal enough. so I responded :

Quote:
Quote:

" Yes, the item requested is still for sale. You are welcome to come & take a look at it if you wish. We are located at xxxx N State Route x, Parkville, MO xxxxx. Our phone # is (xxx) xxx-xxxx. Our business hours are 7:30 to 5:00 Mon-Sat closed on Sunday.

Thank you for your interest. Please let me know if I can be of any more assistance. "

email #2 :

Quote:
Quote:

" Hello, thanks for getting back to me well i got interest in purchasing
ya item but i'll like to issue out check to you as my mood of payment
for now so if you want me to purchase the item from ya you can get
back to me with information to write on the check like Name, Address,
Zip-code, state and ya contact cell # in case when my shipper'll be
coming for the pickup of the item in ya location......Plz, get back to
me asap..Thank "

--- icon_confused.gif huh?! Yeah, that's why I called my BFF. It instantly threw up red flags in my brain, but I wanted to ask a CList veteran. She agreed with me 100%

so I responded :

Quote:
Quote:

" Thank you for your interest in our equipment. We do not accept payment through the mail. We require our purchasers to pay in person during our normal business hours. We accept cash or credit, but no checks. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but we have strict guidelines we must adhere to when it come to the sale & payment of new and used equipment.

You are very welcome to come to our store during our business hours. We are open Mon-Sat from 7:30am to 5:00pm closed on Sunday. You may take your new mower home with you immediately after purchase as all of our units are assembled & ready to go.

Thank you again "

--- Of course we do accpet checks, but not his!!! icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

Never heard from him again. icon_rolleyes.gif

tjrobin31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tjrobin31 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 7:09pm
post #33 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcitycakes

OMG tjrobin that happened to me only it was for TWO mini (dang can't remember what they were) but they were EXPENSIVE if you bought them. Of course I replied to the newspaper ad, because I live in a VERY SMALL town and knew that the girls at the newspaper office wouldn't have taken an ad for something crazy. Turns out that the crazy old lady (haha) that works there part time took the ad OVER THE PHONE!!! When I recieved the SAME EXACT email for responses to two of my emails I knew right then it was a SCAM and had my father call the Office and report it. I then looked it up on line and there seems to be ALOT of ad's in papers for these types of things. MAN I wish I could remember what those puppies were. They were really cute, but should have been VERY expensive.

i know i live in a very small town myself, and as you said this dog, that i was looking at is like super exspensive,, the cheapiest one i've found so far is aroun 2,000.00 so when i seen this add i thought omg it's my lucky day NOT!!!!! god who knew even in small town pa,( and when i say small i mean small, i think there were like 75 people in my graduating class,) this ignorant stuff can happen, i haven't called the paper yet, but i think i'm going to, i hope noone else falls for this add!!!
buyers every where beware!!!!

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 7:32pm
post #34 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayanami

I just had my first Craigslist scammer too! I am new to CList, so I had to call my BFF (a CList pro) to get her opinion. Here's the email I received. It was for the purchase of a brand new riding lawn mower (another thing I sell at my J.O.B.)

email #1 :

" Yes, the item requested is still for sale. You are welcome to come & take a look at it if you wish. We are located at xxxx N State Route x, Parkville, MO xxxxx. Our phone # is (xxx) xxx-xxxx. Our business hours are 7:30 to 5:00 Mon-Sat closed on Sunday.

Thank you for your interest. Please let me know if I can be of any more assistance. "

email #2 :
me asap..Thank "

--- icon_confused.gif huh?! Yeah, that's why I called my BFF. It instantly threw up red flags in my brain, but I wanted to ask a CList veteran. She agreed with me 100%

so I responded :
" Thank you for your interest in our equipment. We do not accept payment through the mail. We require our purchasers to pay in person during our normal business hours. We accept cash or credit, but no checks. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but we have strict guidelines we must adhere to when it come to the sale & payment of new and used equipment.

You are very welcome to come to our store during our business hours. We are open Mon-Sat from 7:30am to 5:00pm closed on Sunday. You may take your new mower home with you immediately after purchase as all of our units are assembled & ready to go.

Thank you again "

Hey Ayanami! You are a great sport LOL!

Seriously though, I wouldnt even take the time to respond, even for work. I know you are working and all, but you open your business up to more scams when you reply at all. It's best to just delete all scam emails and never reply. What happens is: you reply and mark yourself (or work email) as "live". Scammers make money by selling lists of live email addresses to other scammers. Anyway, don't waste your time or company's time if you can help it. Hope this helps! thumbs_up.gif

Ayanami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayanami Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 10:01pm
post #35 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayanami

email #1 :

email #2 :
me asap..Thank "

so I responded :

Thank you again "

Hey Ayanami! You are a great sport LOL!

Seriously though, I wouldnt even take the time to respond, even for work. I know you are working and all, but you open your business up to more scams when you reply at all. It's best to just delete all scam emails and never reply. What happens is: you reply and mark yourself (or work email) as "live". Scammers make money by selling lists of live email addresses to other scammers. Anyway, don't waste your time or company's time if you can help it. Hope this helps! thumbs_up.gif

Oh, believe me, I would LUV to ignore it when this happens. I am required to respond to any potential customer inquiry. We don't get many though. Maybe 3-4 times a year is all.

I browsed thru the TSB site ... wierd! icon_surprised.gif I can't believe that there are as many people out there trying to "get" the scammers as there are people scamming! Seems like a serious waste of energy to me IMO. I'd rather just ignore them when I can & not give scammers the satisfation of a response at all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%