Help Cupcake Disater

Baking By Chonya Updated 25 Mar 2009 , 7:38pm by kimsmom

Chonya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chonya Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 4:40pm
post #1 of 3

I made my first cupcake bouques for school bake sale.
Problem #1 The cupcake papers kept pulling off the cup cakes after I assembled them.

#2 Also some of the cakes started tearing in half from the toothpicks I guess. Is there any better type cake to make these from (I used yellow boxed) if is It just me?

#3 The school was only 1 mile and they managed to fall over at least 3 times before got there. I had to make 1 bouque out of the 2 that I made salvaging what I could. Aside from assembling them on site(which I couldnt do) is there a magical way to transport ssomething like that? They were in flower pots.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
LL

2 replies
KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 4:44pm
post #2 of 3

What did you have in the pot for weight?

kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 7:38pm
post #3 of 3

I think from a structural standpoint I would use a larger pot so the bottom cupcakes can just rest on the rim, giving more suppport.
Also use sandwich picks ( the long flat headed ones) so the pick has more cupcake as well as styrofoam base to grab.
As for transporting them I'm posting a photo of how I do my cookies. The top of the bankers box was cut to fit inside, and supports made from the scraps were added underneath to raise it up enough to support the bouquets. You can see from the photo how I cut the circle to support the pots. I hope this was helpful.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%