Amoretti Product Review Please Give Me Yours As Well!

Baking By coldtropics Updated 27 Mar 2009 , 5:00am by coldtropics

coldtropics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coldtropics Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 2:14pm
post #1 of 3

Amoretti Product Review

Pistachio Pralinosa: very good, nutty
Pistchio Ganache: yuck, artificial/stale tasting
Pistachio Extract: dark green, smells just like almond extract to me.
Pistachio Compound: Dark green, thick syrup like, taste like almond extract.
Hazelnut Ganache: Delish/nutty
Passionfruit Compound: Fresh tart flavor
Mango Compound: Much better than hero mango compoundtropical tasting
Hazelnut Praline Compound: Syrup like texture taste/smells like coffee to me like hazelnut flavored coffee would
Wild Strawberry Compound: tart strawberry like, I often use strawberry icing fruit from CK which people love but it taste to me a bit like strawberry lipgloss. This is a more natural flavor.
Raspberry Compound: Taste good again tart, these fruit compounds are more syrupy, than ck icing fruits which are thicker.
Banana Compound: Taste like banana laffy taffy with an aftertaste of clove weird easier to use fresh banana though I would love to make a clean looking banana imbc
Madagascar Vanilla Compound with seeds: looks lovely similar in texture to vanilla bean
Strawberry Swirl: taste exactly like the strawberry compound texture is thinner/clearer
Wild Strawberry Extract: Very similar to silver cloud strawberry extract (if you are familiar)

The products that i would purchase... the mango & passionfruit compounds, strawberry and raspberry compound, the vanilla, hazelnut ganache, pistachio pralinosas, I have requested more samples icon_surprised.gif

2 replies
stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 3:02am
post #2 of 3

Thank you! I wasn't sure what to do with the passion fruit or mango, i was thinking of just throwing it in white batter to see what it tastes like. I also tried the strawberry compound and loved it. I tried capuccino/tiramisu, added it to WASC and threw in mini chocolate chips and it was amazing. I definitely need to get more of that.

coldtropics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coldtropics Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 5:00am
post #3 of 3

OK...

ive also tried the

white chocolate ganache: didnt like... tasted like candy melts. Amoretti says that their ganaches are cream free but not dairy free????
and that they use guittard chocolates.

Almond compound: Me likey. Like a milky almond extract, like a liquidy syrup.

Pistachio Paste: decent... very sugary, weak pistachio flavor. to me you do better making your own pistachio marzipan.

Waiting on other samples.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%