Disgruntled Trollss

Decorating By KitchenKat Updated 25 Mar 2009 , 9:18pm by MrsMissey

Bakerintraining03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakerintraining03 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 9:15pm
post #31 of 33

Yeah I said before my price per serving is $1.19. I actually have been doing pretty well since Valentines. I got a question for you guys now though. Do you have many people ask about donating cakes? Cause i know I do. I have a no soliciting sign on the do and people still always come in.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 9:17pm
post #32 of 33

Exactly. Now can I decorate a wedding cake in 3 hours, absolutely. Now, as far as how you price yourself, I say revamp your image, up your prices, & gurantee you will get clients that will pay that price. We are ALL willing to pay for something we really want. IN fact, (as Indydeby once said "Don't oversestimate the intelligence of the public" or soemthing like that) there will people who will want your cakes cause they costmore! I know a baker who stuff taste like CRAP!!!!!!!!, I'm so not exaggerating & they are considered very high end & by far one of the most expensive dercorators in the area. Now I will say they can decorate their booty off, but I wouldn't feed that cake to a dog. Heck, a lot of people LOVE expensive & the bragging rights that they feel come with it. "Oh how much was my fab. cake for 75 of my bestest friends. Oh, it was nothing. Only $750!"

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 9:18pm
post #33 of 33

This thread has now been locked as I don't see it headed anywhere in regards to the original topic!

Thanks everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%