Help Son Wants A Bolt Cake!

Decorating By Alaskahsm Updated 15 May 2009 , 10:36pm by Alaskahsm

Alaskahsm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alaskahsm Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 4:40pm
post #1 of 3

Hi,
My son for his birthday would like a cake shaped like bolt. I have never done any cake sculpting and would like to try, but have not idea how to even think about starting. He told me he wants it shaped like Bolt and with white fondant. Hmm, I think I've been talking cake too much around them, this kid is 5. Any advice?
Kim

2 replies
BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 6:23pm
post #2 of 3

I think Bolt is adorable and wold be pretty easy to pull off. There are 2 ways I think you can go. One would be to print out a picture of bolt that you like and in the size you would need for the cake. Then use it as a template to cut ut the basic shape. Then cover it in fondant and add the details with food coloring. The way I would go is to make a sheet cake then add Bolt to it out of fondant. Print the picture, use it as a pattern to cut him out and then add the details. You could even add the cat or other characters if he wants you to. Post a pic when you are done.

Alaskahsm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alaskahsm Posted 15 May 2009 , 10:36pm
post #3 of 3

Okay I am finally done with my sons bolt cake. I didn't mention that he wanted it standing up ,so here is my own personal cake wreck.

Well, I can't seem to get it to come up but it is in my photos. Can you all tell me what you think?[/img]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%