Buttercream

Decorating By MARIATAMIA Updated 26 Mar 2009 , 8:10pm by MARIATAMIA

MARIATAMIA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MARIATAMIA Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 4:35pm
post #1 of 7

Can anyone tell me if they have ever experienced a less than creamy consistency buttercream? Lately I find that I can't get my butercream creamy enough. If anyone has gone through this and found a way to correct it, I would appreciate the tip. I was able to make a very creamy buttercream but suddenly it just went down the tubes. icon_confused.gif

6 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 4:42pm
post #2 of 7

Have you changed the brand of any of the ingredients? Has the recipe changed at all? Has this happened since crisco took the trans fat out? I use indydebi's recipe and have never had a problem so you might try that.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 6:55pm
post #3 of 7

Sorry, can't really answer your question without seeing the recipe you are using. Can you post how you make it exactly?

jensenscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jensenscakes Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 7:35pm
post #4 of 7

How long have you been mixing it for? When I use my kitchen aid I have to mix it on low for 10-15 min. to get it creamy without airbubbles.

rockysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockysmommy Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 7:40pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensenscakes

How long have you been mixing it for? When I use my kitchen aid I have to mix it on low for 10-15 min. to get it creamy without airbubbles.

I have to do the same thing...I use the paddle attachment on my KA.

MARIATAMIA Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 8:09pm
post #6 of 7

I got my recipe from my instructor it's
1/2 stick softened butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 tsp vanilla
5-6 cups of confect sugar
5-6tbs milk
The only thing that's changed is the shortening with the new crisco nothing else. I mix it for about 10-15 mins sometimes longer if I get side tracked with something else.

MARIATAMIA Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 8:10pm
post #7 of 7

I got my recipe from my instructor it's
1/2 stick softened butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 tsp vanilla
5-6 cups of confect sugar
5-6tbs milk
The only thing that's changed is the shortening with the new crisco nothing else. I mix it for about 10-15 mins sometimes longer if I get side tracked with something else.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%