Lounge By mixinvixen Updated 29 Mar 2009 , 2:25pm by Monkess

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 12:09pm
post #1 of 17

WHEN: couple of weeks ago
CHIEF COMPLAINT: bladder won't empty, side effect of meds. icon_rolleyes.gif
REQUEST: made beforehand, MUST HAVE FEMALE DOCTOR!! icon_wink.gif
UPON APPOINTMENT: in walks female AND male doctor! icon_cry.gificon_redface.gif
COMFORT LEVEL: extreme discomfort and squirming, due to male being in room and me talking about my bladder issues.
NEW DEVELOPMENTS: even more embarrasment when male doc is the one who does the examination...ya know, the one with your feet in the stirrups and the distinct feeling of "wide open spaces"???

HERE'S THE BRAIN FART PART!

the exam is over, i come back down from my desperate search for "my happy place", i'm still scootched down at the end of the table, feet in stirrups, sheet from waist down...he stands up and looks down at me to signal the end of the tests. i notice his lab coat, which has his name on it, and i recognize it as the name of a female doctor who treated me several years ago...

i blurt out:

"ARE YOU MARRIED??" icon_eek.gif

...as it's coming out of my mouth, i can hear myself saying it, so it actually came out...

"are you marriedohmygodthatsoundedincrediblyinappropriate....what i mean is that i recognize your last name as the same name of a doctor who treated me several years ago" icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

he smiled and confirmed it... but i imagine he told his wife that night about this spastic woman who tried picking him up before he even had his gloves off!!!

sometimes, when you're this stupid, you just have to tell people about it.

16 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 12:12pm
post #2 of 17

OMG!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

That's priceless.....Just remember...doctors have seen/heard it all. I'm sure it didn't phase him.

Just try to look back and laugh.

mixinvixen Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 12:22pm
post #3 of 17

you know that scene in "liar liar" where jim carey can't believe he said that comment to his boss after sex, and he just keeps repeating the comment, incredulously shaking his head, and grinning????

that's been me for the last two weeks!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 12:45pm
post #4 of 17

Oh my God that's hilarious! You poor thing.........you have that same "disorder" I do. You know the one.........."I can't control what's coming out of my mouth sometimes" disorder. icon_lol.gif

I do things like that a lot more then I mean to. Don't laugh I've heard that it's a vitamin deficiency.........I think vitamin B.

I only go to female doctors now too, even at my age I'm just more comfortable with them. Besides they can relate to woman problems more then males can, I mean they are going through it too. I just find them more sympathetic to us.

TonyaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TonyaBakes Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 1:22pm
post #5 of 17

Oh gosh, that would have been embarrassing! Look on the bright side, might not have been the first time he was asked that question! LOL!

kaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaat Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 3:22pm
post #6 of 17

LOL! Thanks for the laugh. I can see myself (later this afternoon) at my own "stirrup" appt, trying to find my happy place and I'll think of you and break out into laughter.... wonder what my gyni will think?!?! icon_lol.gif

suzted7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzted7 Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 3:39pm
post #7 of 17

Ok......how about this one? Went for my pap. At the time, I had questionable paps so I was referred to the local military hospital here. If anyone here is military, you know you pretty much get who you get. Went in the room, hoped for a woman, got a young looking officer. Did the pap, went home, got ready to go out ( it was a friday), go to the local club, look up......there he is a few table down from me. Looks at me.........looks.........I look....downnnnnnnnnnn....he looks away and smiles. Just.......great...wonderful....thanks...ruined my evening...... icon_redface.gif

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 4:07pm
post #8 of 17

Hey, at least there were just a couple of winesses. Most of my faux pas are on Facebook, and are out there for the world to see!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 4:50pm
post #9 of 17

I guess it's better than farting (Tooting as my kids would say) while he is examining you!!!

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 5:49pm
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddiekakes

I guess it's better than farting (Tooting as my kids would say) while he is examining you!!!

Good point icon_lol.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 6:15pm
post #11 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaat

LOL! Thanks for the laugh. I can see myself (later this afternoon) at my own "stirrup" appt, trying to find my happy place and I'll think of you and break out into laughter.... wonder what my gyni will think?!?! icon_lol.gif

Just don't bust out laughing when the speculum is in. It will shoot across the room like a rocket.

Ask me how I know this. BWAHAHAHAHAhahahahaah!!

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 7:42pm
post #12 of 17

Cakepro alright I'll ask. How do you know this? icon_lol.gif
Jen...

mixinvixen Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 8:26pm
post #13 of 17

that musta been some magic hands, cause I NEVER feel like laughing when i'm introduced to that speculum!!

Sweet_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Cakes Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 3:10am
post #14 of 17

Open Mouth: Insert Foot

And I thought I was the only one with that disease!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 5:02am
post #15 of 17

Thank you for the laugh! I tell you I would die if I any of that happened to me. icon_lol.gif

lauramw71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauramw71 Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 1:13am
post #16 of 17

OMG with this stupid flu I needed the laughs! especially the speculum/rocket comment. OMG I'm dying laughing HAHAHAHAH

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 2:25pm
post #17 of 17

LOL...the poor guy...I would die thinking what he must think of me!!! Eecks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%