Small Teir Cake ?

Decorating By Acdogs Updated 23 Mar 2009 , 9:07pm by Acdogs

Acdogs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Acdogs Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 5:28pm
post #1 of 7

I have been asked to do a small wedding looking cake for a shower i just looked through my pans and I have a 6in 4in and a 3in do you think this would look ok or should I go buy a new pan. Is there a way i could even it out by making one teir thicker or thinner? Thank you very much!

6 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 5:32pm
post #2 of 7

for how many people?

Acdogs Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 5:38pm
post #3 of 7

sorry it will be 16 people

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 5:53pm
post #4 of 7

If you do single layer tiers, they could be larger in diameter. I'd hate the thought of icing a 3" cake. bleck! A 4" drives me batty!

Single layers, cut in 2x2x2 pieces could work out with an 8" (12 servings); a 6" (6 servings) and maybe a 4" (about 4). You'd have a little extra, but you could cut them a little bigger.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 8:23pm
post #5 of 7

Yeah what she ^^^^ saidicon_smile.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 8:57pm
post #6 of 7

Just a thought..... icon_smile.gif

But you could also make one 8" layer cake (20 party servings) and use dummies for the 4 & 6" tiers.

For the dummies, I'd just go to the dollar store and buy floral foam (for silk flowers) and use your 4 & 6" cake pans as guides to cut them out. (Glue same size layers together and cover w/Saran wrap, if desired.)

The 8" pan requires 3-1/2 cups of batter. So a 1/2 recipe of the WASC cake would be perfect for this (as it makes a tad over 7 cups of batter using a DH white cake mix)!

Everything you ever wanted to know to bake, assemble and decorate tiered/stacked/layer cakes:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-605188-.html

WASC cake recipe and variations found in above thread.

HTH

Acdogs Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 9:07pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you for all of the advice i am glad you warned me about the 3in as you can see i am a newbie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%