Help!!! Air Brush

Decorating By sweetkisscakes Updated 23 Mar 2009 , 5:19pm by tinygoose

sweetkisscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetkisscakes Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 12:53am
post #1 of 4

this being only the second time i have used my airbrush i am FREAKING out that its not working. air pressure and everything like that seems good but the ink is not coming out just air!! i dont know what to do i have tried rinsing i feel like i am just over looking something.

3 replies
sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 3:54am
post #2 of 4

what kind do you have. im sure you know that you have to pull the lever back to get the color to flow. if air is coming out then it is single action and you control the colour flow. let us know the make and more people will be able to help.

jensenscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jensenscakes Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 4:55pm
post #3 of 4

Are you using a color that is approved for airbrushes? It sounds like the color is to thick to come out, try watering it down and check the connection between the tube and the airbrush. Also try pulling out the little needle that goes down the center of the tube if that is dirty it can block the flow. I hope that makes sense and I hope you can get it working. Airbrushes can be so frustrating sometimes.

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 5:19pm
post #4 of 4

Did you clean it after the first time you used it? It's probably clogged. It doesn't take much to clog those little buggers. Take out your instructions / parts list and try to take it apart and clean it. Windex works well, just be sure to rinse it. Be careful not to touch/break the little needle. I use Amerimist food color in mine. White always clogs it. So does the luster food colors. You can also water down your food colors with vodka. Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%